RSS Feed not working in xibo player for windows

Hello everyone,
I’m new in xibo and I have an issue with the player. I built a layout that the browser (chrome) shows perfectly. It includes videos, images, web pages and RSS.
So the problem is that when I display the layout preview in the browser, the RSS Feed works great, but in the player (Windows 7), it does not work.
How can I fix it?
Thanks.

What CMS and player version are you using please?

Perhaps double check the browser emulation settings for your windows client.

Failing that, enable player auditing, recreate the issue and check Log page in CMS - it should be also something on the player status window if it has any issues with the feed.

Hello,
I’m using xibo 1.8.1.
What do you mean about cheking the browser emulation settings for the windows client?
Thanks.

It would be good to use 1.8.2 version, as you haven’t specified how it’s installed, upgrade instructions for various installations are here http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/upgrade.html

As for the browser emulation, I didn’t link it, as I wanted to encourage you to use the search function, in any case - Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

It should be set when you installed the player, but please double check that and if it’s in the correct path for your machine (x64 x32 systems will have different paths).

As I also mentioned if there is a problem with the ticker, it should most likely show some errors on the player status screen - press ‘i’ on your keyboard while Xibo for Windows has focus to show the status window.

Hi Peter, I upgraded both the player and the CMS, but the RSS Feed still does not work.
I also opened the status window where there was this error:
Error|Schedule - OnScheduleManagerCheckComplete|Agent threads/XMR is dead, not updating status.json
Thank you again.