Restarting Computer Bug

There is documentation for the problem i am having at the bottom of https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_docker_win10_64bit.html#special_considerations
When i restarted my computer and ran the command prompt, it still failed to work

What do you get if you run

docker ps

Usually on Windows 10 using docker for Windows the stop/start commands should solve the problem - assuming that the problem was that the CMS was accessible, but didn’t have any user created data in it.

If you do down command and then up (without -d, it will show you the console output of what its doing)
if there will be any errors during that, let us know.

PS D:\xibo\xibo-docker-1.8.9> docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
0e62b498a743 xibosignage/xibo-cms:release-1.8.9 “/entrypoint.sh” 3 weeks ago Up About an hour 0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp xibo-docker-189_cms-web_1
b3bffe83cb59 mysql:5.6 “docker-entrypoint.s…” 3 weeks ago Up About an hour 3306/tcp xibo-docker-189_cms-db_1
8563c2394b93 xibosignage/xibo-xmr:release-0.7 “/entrypoint.sh” 3 weeks ago Up About an hour 0.0.0.0:9505->9505/tcp, 50001/tcp xibo-docker-189_cms-xmr_1

Send a message

I’ve the same problem here

@Chandler
It seems odd, but similar issue was fixed by resetting docker to factory defaults - Lost everything after reboot

It should not be needed, but you can try that and see if it will resolve your problem as well.

We were able to fix it by manually resetting the docker to factory reset

# Restart the Xibo Docker containers. 
# This can be run via Task Scheduler to create a work around for the issue described here:
# https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_docker_win10_64bit.html#special_considerations

# The Start-Sleep might not be necessary
Start-Sleep -Seconds 120
cd D:\xibo\xibo-docker-1.8.9
docker-compose stop
docker-compose start

We created a Powershell script with this which is run when the computer starts with Task Scheduler

That task should do the job, I’m glad that works for you now.