Redirected URL does not work on Android TV

Hello,

I have the 1.7.60 Android apk installed on Sony Bravia Android TV KDL-65W855C running on Adroid 5.1.1 Lollipop.
The CMS is version 1.7.7 running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

It all runs very smoothly but the only problem i’m having sofar is this:

• a URL with embedded login credentials and a redirect statement will not display (it shows the login page) when it needs to scale to the region. Only works when set to “Open natively” but then the page is partly visible.
    I suspect the Android app does not know how to handle redirected pages when “Best fit” or “Manual position” is selected.
    These options do work when I preview the layout on my W10 machine with Chrome browser.

Please advise!

This is good to know - thank you for the feedback.

Best fit and manual position work by embedding the link provided in an <iframe> which is then scaled according to the region size/position or the manual position options given.

The first thing to check is that the site you are hosting supports being hosted in an iframe. &redirect=http://xxxx is a function of the webpage you are embedding, rather than a standard “redirect page” concept. It is the page’s responsibility to read in that redirect and issue a header instructing the browser to go somewhere else.

The fact that it works in Chrome when you preview the layout might indicate the page supports that type of embedding, but it would be good to check.

I see you have emailed Spring Signage - we will take a look at it for you and update this topic when there is a resolution.

Hi Dan,

how do I setup this url in an iframe? I’m not familiar with this way of coding.

Thanks
Rob

You would create a blank html document with this in it:

<html>
  <body>
   <iframe src="your URL"></iframe>
  </body>
</html>

Open that HTML document on your local PC and see if the site works… we’ve also sent you some other instructions to test redirects outside your protected application