R257 VS R202 version

Hello,
After several days of use I noticed that the R257.2 version
was heavier and consumed a lot of energy, the hard drive was still at 100% and the application took a long time to start while with the r202 version none of these problems are present, I use windows 10 pro
if you have any explanations

Hi malix, thank you for your message. The R202 and the R25X releases are very different so it makes sense that you would see a difference in the performance. Here is a link to the blog post for the pre-release of the R25X series, which explains in detail what those changes/differences are:

I hope this helps to understand the differences between the releases and why you may see a difference in performance. I haven’t seen my hard drive running at 100% when using R257 and also have not noticed a difference in time taken to load, how long does it take on your PC compared to R202?

Many Thanks.

Many Thanks.

thank you for your reply,
So I tried the r257.7 version again on several PCs I always encounter the same problem when starting the application very high energy consumption with hard disk which works between 50 and 100% after 2 or 3 minutes consumption decreases and the application starts after 4 or 5 minutes
I have also tested the r252 version and it works fine for the moment.
So for me the r257 version remains quite greedy for a pc hp i5 2400 cpu 3.10ghz with 4 gb of ram and windows 10 pro
thank you

Update: an error message that displays media failed E = exception from hresult: 0x00CD109B

Thank you for your reply malix. I have been testing R252 and R257 on my Intel compute stick (stk1aw32sc, Atom X5 @ 1.44GHz, 2G RAM, 32GB storage) and I cannot replicate the disk load you are seeing. When I restart my device and let it run, I can see on Task Manager that my CPU peaks initially but for a few seconds, up to 10 I would say. The Disk only runs as high as 20% then settles back down to 1-5%.

If you check the Task Manager on your machine and filter by disk, it should show you which processes are using the Disk, does it show Xibo as using all of those resources?

Please also note that the hresult error you received is a media playback related error, suggesting an issue with your codecs:

I would recommend making sure that Windows is up to date, as well as your hardware drivers. If you continue to receive the same error while running the content that is currently scheduled, I would recommend converting that content to another format or codec to see if this resolves the issue.

Many Thanks.

Hello,
indeed for the error it was a codec problem, concerning the task manager, and as I only use the pc for xibo, I notice that only xibo uses a lot of memory, maybe my pc is not powerful enough even when putting an ssd disk. I would try on a new machine
On the other hand, the R252 version works perfectly for my needs,
Do you think I could have some problems with this version?
Thank you for help

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.