Question: Displays status most of the time showing out of date but everything seems to work fine

Player Version: 3.307.0
CMS version: 3.0.8

Issue: After upgrading players to version 3.307.0 seems like most of the time my displays status is showing “Display is out of date but has not yet ,checked in with the server”, this will change after some time. This is weird as I can see the last access date is the latest date updated every 30 minutes as I have set it to. There is no new content being change plus in the player logs there is no errors at all. All seems to work fine just that most of the time display status is showing “Display is out of date”. I do not have this issue when using player version 2.254.1

Anyone encountering the same issue? :slight_smile:

Sorry to bother you gentlemen, any ideas on the topic above? @dan @DanBW

If you have widgets assigned to that display which have update intervals set in their properties, these widgets will be getting updated in the background by the Widget Sync Task.

You can see if this task is updating anything from Administration → Tasks → Widget Sync Task and then hover over the last status checkmark.

We recommend upgrading this release as it does not receive any security patches.

Thanks for your reply Dan, appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Widget Sync task is running every 3 minutes and i do not see any failed task.
My displays are also reporting to the CMS every 30 mnutes as set without fail, just wondering why display status changes to “Display is out of date…” every morning then after around 6 hours it changes back to normal. This happen after i update player version 3.07.

My best guess is that you have a scheduled layout which has a widget on it that has an update interval of less than 30 minutes. That widget gets updated with new data and the display is marked yellow to indicate that.

All right, I will figure this out, was just checking if its a known issues :slight_smile:
Thanks alot for the reply!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.