Program sleep and wakeup for a minix device

Hello,

I’m doing tests on a minix x7 mini with jelly bean, which does not offer a way to schedule sleep mode and wakeup.

Would someone know a software solution ? (I’d like to avoid setting up a google account for the playstore)
If not, I guess I’ll have to get a timer that plugs on the electric socket.

Regards,
Mikael

Perhaps have a look here?

As a general guide, we’ve found that the Minix devices don’t take well to having the power pulled from them on a regular basis.

If you’re going to use a mains timer, then have it switch the screen on and off and leave the Minix running if possible. If that’s not possible, then get the Minix rooted and use a Shell Command media type to shut the Minix down a few minutes before the mains timer will cut the mains power so it’s in a safe state when that happens.

Thanks for the answers.
Now I just hope we’ll get those openwrt enabled plugs for europe soon, in order to make the plug and the minix handle shutdown together.

Hi,

I want to use the display/HDMI-TV only from 6-22 daily. During the night the TV should go into standby. The Mini PC itself could run the whole time, this would not really matter.

Am I right from the obove FAQ that I therefore have to set up a command like Sleep: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 and schedule it every day at 22 o’clock?

And how do I stop and start xibo itself at night?
Do I have to set up a night-layout, e.g. black screen?

Thanks.