Problem with Xibo-player

Hello,

When i launch my xibo player on ubuntu, It remains stuck on the loading page.
But on the dashboard all is green and When i launch it on windows all is good.
The terminal return me “ScreenSaver is Suspended :12” and “Error creating IO channel for /proc/self/mountinfo: permission denied (g-file-error-quark, 2)” when i try to specify the Local library path

thank you in advance

Thank you for your messages and welcome to the Community!

Regarding the Screensaver is suspended and Error creating IO channel for /proc/self/mountinfo: permission denied (g-file-error-quark, 2) messages, you can disregard them for now. I also receive these messages when I set a Library Location for my Player, this should not effect the Player actually running. Both of these messages have been reported to the Development team previously.

Can you confirm how you are trying to launch the Xibo Player? If you are trying to launch the Player using the Launch Client button in the Player Options application, I would instead recommend clicking on the Xibo Player application to start it instead. Another possible method would be to open a Terminal and enter xibo-player, then press enter to run. Can you confirm if using either of the 2 methods I recommend causes the Player to start?

If you are still unable to get the Player to start, I would next recommend updating Ubuntu to see if this helps resolve the issue. Please also send a screenshot of the Loading page you are referring to.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for you message,

-We launch the player live from the icon as well as from the terminal.

-For the versions, we tested on:
• Ubuntu 16.04 (up to date)
• Ubuntu 18.04 (up to date)
• Xubuntu 16.04 (up to date)
• Xubuntu 18.04 (up to date)

-the installation was done with the following command:
snap install xibo-player

-on the xibo-cms side, we are in 2.1.1 installed with the Docker version

For information, not all ressources are download when we push a layout (
we tested with a simple layout and the background image was not downloaded)

If necessary, we are ready to follow installation recommendations, even if we have to modify our current installation.

Thank you for the time spent on our problem

"Loading page " :

I do not know why but everything works properly,

thank you

Thank you for your follow up message confirming it is now working. What Operating system is it installed on currently? Also what method dis you use to start the Player?

I have been testing on the Xibo for Linux Player recently and have discovered there is a bug with the Launch Client button in the Player options application. The issue has been reported to the development team who will fix the issue in a future release. In the meantime, it is best not to use that button and instead click the tile for the Xibo Player or use the xibo-player command in your terminal.

Many Thanks.

On Xubuntu 18.04 and I use the “automatic application start” to launch the client but the launch from the terminal also works

Effectively the launch from the XIBO player Option does not seem to do anything

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully you will not encounter the same issue you did previously.

Also as a side note, I noticed that you mentioned that the command you used to install the Player was snap install xibo-player.
Please note you can also use in case you have any issues again in the future:
snap install xibo-player --channel=stable

Trying to launch Xibo from the Player Options is not working correctly at the moment, would recommend not using it until the issue is fixed in a future release.

Many Thanks.

1 Like