Problem displaying a flash website using Xibo player 1.8 on windows 10

Has anyone else had problems displaying a flash based website using Xibo player 1.8 on windows 10? The player displays other content just fine but when I switch the layout to have it load the flash site the screen goes black and the log displays this error message:

UI Thread|3/27/2017 5:28:15 PM|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to C:\XiboLibrary\4.xlf failed. Exception raised was: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Unable to set and start a media node

I tired loading the site (http://nyu.transloc.com/embed/tvs?livedisplay=true) directly from IE 11 on the computer and it displays without any problems.

It should work fine in Xibo, especially if it works in IE11.

Just please make sure that registry entries for browser emulation are in the correct place for your machine - Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

The 1.8 installer didn’t create the registry entries but I created them manually and rebooted. It hasn’t resolved the issue. The log shows that requiredFiles.xml couldn’t be found (it does already exist in the folder) and then it fails to load 4.xlf over and over again.

LibraryAgent|3/29/2017 12:02:53 PM|Error|LibraryAgent - Run|Exception in Run: Could not find file ‘C:\XiboLibrary\requiredFiles.xml’.
UI Thread|3/29/2017 12:17:55 PM|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to C:\XiboLibrary\4.xlf failed. Exception raised was: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
UI Thread|3/29/2017 12:18:05 PM|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to C:\XiboLibrary\4.xlf failed. Exception raised was: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
UI Thread|3/29/2017 12:18:15 PM|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to C:\XiboLibrary\4.xlf failed. Exception raised was: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

I’m not sure what “Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.” refers to. This is a new installation of Xibo 1.8.0 and although I imported the layout it is just a basic 1080p setup to load a web page in full screen.

Two things:

1. Library path, library in just C:\XiboLibrary will most likely need additional permissions to work correctly, so you can either make sure permissions are fine or use the default library location ie C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Xibo Library

2. What is the duration of this webpage on your layout? The webpage itself works fine in Xibo, I did test it yesterday.

Hi Peter,
I found the cause of the problem. It is something in the layout itself. I’m not sure what is wrong with it but I had imported it from another install of Xibo 1.7.4. I just created a new layout and set it up exactly like this one and it works. I will export a copy of both of these layouts and see if I can determine what breaks things.

Looking into this further I discovered that there was an additional region in the layout and that it was blank. I never noticed it before because on the old server the region was set as being behind the region that was displaying the website with the flash content. When the layout was imported into my new server the layer ID for the region was reset and it now appeared in front and blocked the other content from displaying.
Now obviously this was a problem in my layout but it was caused by the layers having their IDs changed. If it doesn’t already exist, can an additional check be put in to when importing layouts to make sure that layer priorities are preserved in the correct order?

Interesting, but perhaps possible especially you had custom z index set in 1.7 before export.

There was an issue with z-index in earlier 1.7 versions, since you’ve imported that layout from 1.7.4 it’s quite possible that it was affected by it, although we will investigate if perhaps there is a different problem there.