PNG file and Resolution Downscale

Hi there,

In our recent installations (XfA R60) with the following layout:

Region 1: 1080*1920 PNG file
Region 2: HTML Text Layer on Top

XfA reported unable to decode PNG file, we have switched to a JPEG file and it has downscale the resolution. Currently, both the layout and the actual screen size are both Full HD Portrait.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys.

Can I have a look at your layouts - or at least at the .png and .jpg images so I could try to run it on our devices please?

Could you also tell me what device are using? (make, model, android version, firmware version)

We are using Minix U1. I have exported the layout and found that the PNG has been resized to 608*1080px. I am uploading the file now.

JPEG File:
Here

PNG:
Here

Layout ZIP:
Here

PNG link doesn’t work, but that’s ok I see the .png image is in the layout and as you said it seems to have 608x1080 resolution, I’ll change that to what I suppose it should be 1080x1920 and we will see.

Hi Peter, I have updated the PNG link, thanks.

I am not sure if this helps, when I upload the file, the CMS read 1.0MB during upload, but it is actually 2MB when in Windows 10.

Yeah it does, we did notice it as well, as it happens it is a bug, but not present in every browser.
If you could let me know what browser are you using please?

In short: IE11 / chrome / opera will work fine
FireFox, chrome canary will not, details below:

As for your layout, it does work fine on my minix z64

1 Like

Thanks god, at least I know it is going to work :slight_smile: Thanks Peter.

Currently using:
Chrome Version 51.0.2704.22 beta-m (64-bit)

Well, I will try another browser.

And this version as well (my work PC):
Version 49.0.2623.112 m

Hi Peter,

Just to let you know that I have downgraded from the beta version to the stable release of chrome, but it is still happening.

Version: 50.0.2661.94 m

Thanks.

Yeah, it seems that the newest update to chrome (version you mentioned) as well as beta update have this issue.

I’ve updated the bug report:

For now it will work with IE11 and Opera, we will try to fix it for Chrome/FireFox as soon as possible.

1 Like

There is a very simple fix available on the issue peter linked to and contained in this commit

1 Like

Thanks Dan :slight_smile: It works great now.

1 Like

Many thanks Dan. This worked for me as well.