Plesk Docker XMR

To be completed by the original poster:

CMS Version

Installation Method

Docker install with Plesk

Operating System

Ubuntu 20.04

Issue

Commands and screenschot give a error when deploying them. Player says XMR Connected. It schedules fine. I i ask for a screenshot the log says:

2 8c34cf5 09-08-2021 22:05 WEB PUT ERROR /display/requestscreenshot/10 Unable to Process Queue of Player actions due to 1 van 1 player acties gefaald
1 8c34cf5 09-08-2021 22:05 WEB PUT ERROR /display/requestscreenshot/10 Player action refused by XMR (connected but XMR returned false).

But the screenshot is available within seconds.
But the commands are not working. If i schedule a layout with the shell command reboot. The player will reboot. If i schedule or send a command manualy. Then nothing happens and i will get a few errors in the log:

5 510b568 09-08-2021 22:26 WEB POST ERROR /displaygroup/12/action/command Unable to Process Queue of Player actions due to 1 van 1 player acties gefaald
4 510b568 09-08-2021 22:26 WEB POST ERROR /displaygroup/12/action/command Player action refused by XMR (connected but XMR returned false).

The strange thing is. The players will post this in the logs:

3 eecc47a 09-08-2021 22:05 XMDS POST ALERT JVS NotifyStatus {“lastActivity”:“9-8-2021 22:05:58”,“applicationState”:“Running”,“xmdsLastActivity”:“9-8-2021 22:03:58”,“scheduleStatus”:“Normal: [20] P0\r\nInvalid: [1] P0\r\n”,“requiredFilesStatus”:“Sleeping: last check was not required.”,“xmrStatus”:“Connected (tcp://85.214.38.73:9505), last activity: 9-8-2021 22:05:43”}

So it looks like the connection from the player to the XMR is fine. But from the CMS to the XMR is not working proberly. Also i can not set a private adress anywhere.

Provide screenshots where possible!

Allright. Problem is solved. After changing the xmr private adress in the database XMR is working like it should. Would be great if the private adress returns as a setting.

Hi bakfiets, welcome to the community!

I’m glad to hear you have resolved your issue by updating the private key. If this issue occurs again, could you try the following steps:

• Go to the Displays menu in your CMS.
  • Click the button at the end of the entry for your player and choose Edit from the menu.
  • When the Edit Display window opens, go to the Advanced tab and tick the Reconfigure XMR button.
  • Save to confirm.

Your XMR server will reconfigure for you the next time the player connects to your CMS.

Hopefully this will not be necessary and you will not encounter the issue again.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

The thing is that the docker xibo-cms connect to tcp://xibo-cms:50001. But in the plesk docker container the environment does not allow to connect to tcp://xibo-cms:50001. Only IP. So in PHPmyadmin i enabled the settings of the private adress and that solved the problem for now. THe connection from the player to XMR always worked. Because the docker container exposure to the outside is fine.

Thnx for the reply!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.