Players cloning other players content and not showing up in the CMS

For for a few weeks we were having an issue with Minix boxes running windows (Long story) where certain boxes (About 1 in 5) were cloning other players IDs. This led to the player playing content assigned to another display and it didn’t show up in the CMS to allow us to change it. Im not sure how the CMS or Player generates it ID but i can only presume its to do with something that was being replicated across the boxes like a windows Key or internal identifier. Also all the players were sharing the same IP because it was coming out from behind a VPN which i first though was the issue.

Anyway the solution to the problem involved us logging into the boxes remotely via teamviewer and changing 2 or 3 digits in the player ID. As soon as we did this it showed up in the CMS and away we went.

I said i would write this encase someone else was having this issue and couldn’t find the solution.

It’s pretty much this - I added a new Player and it went straight to “Display is active and ready to start”? I’m using an imaged/cloned version of Windows and all my Players show up as the same display in the Xibo CMS?

1 Like

Didn’t see that! Great thanks!