To be completed by the original poster:

CMS Version

3.0.6 running with docker

Player Type

tested with both Linux and Windows players

Player Version

Linux V1.8 R6 and Windows player V3 R301.1

Issue

after solving some issues with tasks not running in my docker CMS installation from a previous post, i started to create layouts and tried to deploy them on Windows and Linux players i installed for test. I can connect both players to my CMS server, i see the displays perfectly, i can authorize them and configure some default layout to be displayed. I see the XMR registration going on, even if i revoke it, it get registered back correctly and i can request a screenshot to the players which will show the default player screen. When i go to manage menu, i see that the displays download some files, but not all of them, and it stays like that for ever. I already checked a lot of topics in the forum around problems like mine, i had no success.
I am running my docker environment behind a reverse nginx proxy with the following configuration :

server {
listen 443 ssl;
listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name xibo.****;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
    include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
    set $upstream_app xibo;
    set $upstream_port 80;
    set $upstream_proto http;
    proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-Proto $http_x_forwarded_proto;
    proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
    client_max_body_size 200M;

}
}
What am i doing wrong ?

Found the issue, which wasn’t related to the proxy-conf and the reverse proxy, but to my XMR docker deployment which wasn’t accessible from the public network obviously. Now it is all understood and running well. Thanks for all. I would just have a last question, can we run multiple display on the linux player. I found an entry in the documentation about the Windows player how to do it, but not the Linux one.
Thanks for the help.

Hi again, anyone for the player over multiple screens ? I looked over a lot of threads, but didn’t found a solution. Thanks.

All right, some feedback from my side, i tried to install 2 players like in Windows running this experimental parameter for snap “snap set system experimental.parallel-instances=true” which allows you to install either different version of the same software of the same software multiple times. I succeeded in installing the app 2 times, i succeeded in registering it 2 times in CMS, however it wasn’t possible to run it 2 times, the second instance was throwing a lot of exceptions in the log.
I changed the approach then and created a display setting for 2 screens with the resolution of 3840x1080. I modified my layouts accordingly with the same resolution and placed the 2 contents side by side. I am able to run the player with this configuration, however i have a lot of instability of the player and i don’t really know what is the issue. Moreover to the exceptions in the logs, i also see often the player crashing, with no other chance to resurrect it than restart the process.
Is this coming from my configuration or does it ring a bell to someone ?
Gtk-Message: 19:26:38.097: Failed to load module “xapp-gtk3-module”
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing reply
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
player: …/…/src/xcb_io.c:639: _XReply: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost’ failed.
0# signalStacktraceHandler(int) in /snap/xibo-player/108/bin/player
1# 0x00007F793F2A3040 in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
2# gsignal in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
3# abort in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
4# 0x00007F793F29448A in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
5# 0x00007F793F294502 in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
6# _XReply in /snap/xibo-player/108/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
7# 0x00007F793A704194 in /var/lib/snapd/lib/gl/libGL.so.1

Player exited with code 6
Gtk-Message: 19:26:50.705: Failed to load module “xapp-gtk3-module”
** Message: 19:26:53.468: console message: http://localhost:9697/251.html @6: Viewport argument value “[[viewportwidth]]” for key “width” is invalid, and has been ignored.

Hi all,
Tried a Windows client yesterday, no more luck, it works better overall, but i also have instability. It end up with the text not displayed anymore after few cycles.
Not sure where to start looking.
Also, is it possible to avoid the reload of the text each cycle, it gives a blinking effect which is really bad for the purpose of the project which is price list displays.
Thanks.

<logdate>2022-01-20 17:18:47</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 17:07:31</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 14:56:04</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 14:41:03</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 14:29:48</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 14:29:47</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 14:22:17</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 14:18:31</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 14:14:46</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>
<logdate>2022-01-20 14:07:15</logdate><thread></thread><method>WebCef</method><message>WebView_LoadError: Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs</message>

Hi again, some news, i increased the duration time of the text to 86400s (1day), all look much more stable. I wanted to understand, isn’t there a way to just ask display the text and don’t refresh until i make a change to that screen ? I thought that in the schedule putting “always” as a duration and time schedule would do the trick, but each time the text widget is at the end of the time period, a refresh will happen which lead to “blink” the screen. Thanks for the help.

Exactly the same thing i am experiencing…
Take a look at:

and

Thanks for jumping in, the only difference here is that i am using discrete graphic cards, from Nvidia, Quadro NVS series and one Geforce 9xxx series. And i have the issue on both Linux and Windows system. I partly solved it by increasing the duration of a single text widget display to 1 day, but i am not sure that the next day when the refresh will be triggered everything won’t fall apart.

you could try to disable hardware graphic via registry…
Thing is, if you only stick to local media or only webelement as embedded/youtube/weather. It works like it should. The moment you combine, you have issues with cefsharp.

I don’t have intel embedded graphics on those workstation, but i tried with/without graphic dedicated drivers installed, it didn’t make a difference on my side.

Hi all,

coming back because i am still experiencing the issue that when the layout has to loop, sometimes the player doesn’t restart the sequence correctly, and just hang. I placed the current duration to 1 day (86400s) but then each day almost i am sure the player will be crashed somehow. How could we track that down with the above information i gave.

Hi all, just so that the thread doesn’t stay without an answer, i finally moved to the Windows version of the player on the same hardware, looks to run more stable so far. I will monitor the situation with the current setting and let you know.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.