Player Installation

Hi,

I have downloaded the windows player (software), but how do I install it on the player (hardware)?
I need the steps in detail

Thanks

Hi mhmd.

To install the Xibo for Windows player onto your PC you will need to save the msi file onto that device and double click it to start the installation wizard. Once completed the player will be installed on your PC.

After the player is installed, open the Xibo Player Options application and enter the CMS URL and Secret Key for the CMS instance you want to connect your player to. You will find the secret key in the Settings menu in your CMS, under the Configuration tab. now click connect and wait for the Display is awaiting authorisation message to appear. Authorise the player entry in your CMS on the Displays menu page and now you can click the Launch Display button to start the player. You should now be connected.

Once the player is connected please make sure that you set a default layout for the player. You will find this option on the Displays page when you click the button at the end of the entry and the row menu is revealed. The default layout should be a simple layout as it is designed to be shown in the event you have no layouts scheduled or there is an issue with the schedule you have created.

This link will take you to the installation guide for the Xibo for Windows player.

Many Thanks.

Sidenote

if using 11th gen Intel processor, the engine behind this app will break any video layers. Or you should add an seperate graphic card.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.