Play layout once within hourly repeating schedule

Hi Community,

I have a question to repeat functionality, searched around the forum, guess I found the answer already and would like to double check.

Imagine a scheduled campaign running forever with several layouts in a loop. I’d like to play out a special layout (a video of a certain length) additionally every hour - no problem setting a repeat hourly 1.
BUUUT: my goal is to play this layout/video just once(!) every hour.

My understanding is (based on conversations here in that forum and documentation) that I would need to define a length of this repeating hourly schedule similar to the layout/video length but will probably run in a middle cutted video playout.

Am I correct here and there is no proper way to schedule a hourly repeating schedule which is just playing once within this hour?

Thanks for your help!

You are correct, you would need to set the Event start and end time to the same as the Layout that you want to repeat every hour. There is not currently a Repeat once option.

For example, I have a Campaign set to run always, with a Priority set to 0. If I have a Layout that is 5 minutes long and I want display once every hour, I would create a schedule like below:

This would create an Event that repeats every hour from 11:00, with a higher Priority than the Campaign, for 5 minutes (the length of my Layout).

I hope this helps to answer your question.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan!

Thanks a million for taking the time to answer my question, confirming my assumption and pointing out / showing a work-a-round.

Any chance to get this feature into Xibo? Any chance to vote for it?

Best
Daniel

You are welcome to create a post in the Features section of the Community forum if you would like to.

https://community.xibo.org.uk/c/features

This will encourage discussion about the feature suggestion and will also be considered by the Development team for future releases.

Many Thanks.

Thank you very much for this solution!
I tried it out and it seems to work properly.

My question is: does the layout “always” start from the beginning after playing the “priority” layout?

It could be coincidence since my layout is 10 minutes long and I play my priority event for 1 minute every 20 minutes.

Best regards
Melanie

That’s great news that the solution is working for you. The Layouts will start from the beginning once the Priority Event Layout has ended, I hope this does not cause any inconvenience for future scheduling.

Many Thanks.

If there is not yet any other option to use a repeating layout I will just have to deal with it.
Fortunately my content is 10 minutes long, so a 20 minute repeat will do fine.

If my content gets any longer I will change the pattern.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Hi guys,
when i look at to this post and try to do the same,
I keep getting this!
“The end time for this event can only be 1 in the future because of the repeating interval being Minute.”
Any ideas?

I have a 10 sec template that i am trying to show once at every minute.
Please see the images attached.
What am i doing wrong?