PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366

I’m trying to upgrade to Xibo CMS 4 from version 3.3.9. I’m getting the following error and not sure what to make of it and hope someone here would be able to offer an assist as I’m out of ideas.

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect DECIMAL value: ‘0’ for column ‘’ at row -1 in /var/www/cms/vendor/robmorgan/phinx/src/Phinx/Db/Adapter/PdoAdapter.php:192

Did you try out the menu board functionality in your v3 CMS (for the brief time it was available before we hid it)?

v4 changes the datatype of the price field in menu_product from a string to a decimal.

We try to run an upgrade migration on it to pull out any non-number characters before updating the field, but this might be failing in your case.

Can you show us the output of:

SELECT `menuProductId`, `price` FROM `menu_product`

Yes I was actually experimenting with the menu board to see what it looked like to see if that is something that can benefit our little cafeteria here at our hospital.
I ran the command as suggested and I did get the following results:

MySQL [cms]> SELECT menuProductId, price FROM menu_product;
±--------------±------+
| menuProductId | price |
±--------------±------+
| 1 | ? |
| 4 | ? |
| 5 | ? |
| 6 | ? |
| 7 | ? |
| 8 | ? |
| 9 | ? |
| 10 | ? |
| 11 | ? |
| 12 | ? |
| 13 | ? |
±--------------±------+

The question marks are there as I was just needing something as a place holder at the time. So, if I’m understanding the situation correctly then. If I replace the question marks with a actual integer or just delete the items from my cms since they aren’t live. I should be able to upgrade without issue then. Is that what I’m hearing?

I wanna give a update on this - I went ahead and removed the offending entries in our CMS since they were just demo data and nothing that was live. After doing so I was able to upgrade without a hitch. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
May I ask you this. What was the indicator that gave you a idea that my issue may be related to the menu board?