PDF display problem

Good morning,

I make my layouts and when I put a PDF or a PowerPoint no problem on that side but when I go to my Android box which serves as a PDF display and PowerPoint is displayed in black

Videos and photos no problem for display
THANKS

Sincerely

1 Like

Hi Stanislas, Welcome to this Community Xibo Forum.
Can you please give us your xibo server version / xibo andoid player version ?
To test export PDF as image and Powerpoint as Video MPEG, put them in a layout and test to see.
Thanks
Fred

Bonjour,

xibo-serveur is the last version and xibo player same

what do you mean by PDF in image form and powerpoint by video, you want me to convert them?

To show a PPT(x) file you need to install the Powerpoint client. This is only possible with a Windows client. PowerPoint | Xibo Digital Signage

and for the PDF it’s same or not ?

HI Stanislas, yes please. We can continue this thread in French if it’s easier for you ?
Salut Stanislas, oui STP, on peut continuer cette discussion en français si tu souhaites ?

Ilt’s important having good quality contents to display things in XIBO, contents (media) must be optimied as you have to publish them on a WEB site, videos and pictures are easy to optimize, many tools on web can help you, and you can use Handrabrake for video. TRy to save your Powerpoint as video and then try to put it on your xibo layout ond make an event.
C’est important d’avoir des médias de qualité pour les jouer dans XIBO, il faut vraiment les optimiser comme ci tu les envoyais sur un site WEB, les images et les videos sont faciles à optimiser. Je te recommande de mettre tes PDF en images et tes Powerpoint en video.

Bonjour Frédéric,

Oui je veux bien continuer en Français, merci
Cela fonctionne si je convertis PowerPoint en vidéo et les PDF en image mais avant je travaillais dans une autre entreprise et dans celle ci j’utilisais les PDF et cela fonctionnait mais actuellement ça ne fonctionne pas, savez vous pourquoi ? Merci

Cordialement

Bonjour à tous,

J’ai également les PDF qui s’affiche en écran noir sur webOS V4.
Pas de problème par contre sur Android V4 (DSDevice 9X).
Je n’ai pas encore eu le temps de regarder pourquoi mais je n’avais aucun problème sur Xibo V3.

A surveiller.

Je viens de tester avec un autre serveur et autre LG, pas de problème d’affichage des PDF.
Je ne comprends pas pourquoi ca ne fonctionnait pas chez mon client, je vais investiguer.