Overlay feature has a lot of issues

Xibo CMS : 2.0.6
Player : Android R309

Main issue

Overlay schedules behaves very strangly.

Example 1 : I scheduled two overlay layouts that both have a different PNG image so that I can see one on top of the other.
Since the V3 I can delete one of them and it is removed from the display just fine.
However when changing the display order, nothing happens on the player until a manual app restart. After which the layouts are ordered as seen in the campaign content.

Example 2 : When you schedule a campaign with 2 layouts inside as overlay, and delete it: only one of the layouts is removed from the display. The other one stays until a manual app restart.

What are your thoughts on those issues ?
In my use case, this makes the overlay feature pretty much unusable and it would be great is this was fixed since we need it in a project that uses your PHP API.

PS: I cannot use a CMS in V3 since the OAuth 2 PHP wrappers don’t seem to be compatible with it yet.

Thanks

Hi,

Overlays are intended to show something on the screen while normal scheduled content is cycling - so for example if you had a set of scheduled video layouts and wanted to impose a logo on the bottom right corner. Or if you had a ticker which you wanted to sit across multiple layouts.

In my use case, this makes the overlay feature pretty much unusable

Can you describe your use case for overlays? It would be helpful to understand what you’re trying to achieve.

However when changing the display order, nothing happens on the player until a manual app restart.

This could certainly be a :bug: as I don’t think changing the display order will result in all overlays being scrubbed and reloaded.

When you schedule a campaign with 2 layouts inside as overlay

I am not sure what you mean here - you cannot schedule a campaign as an overlay, only a single layout.

PS: I cannot use a CMS in V3 since the OAuth 2 PHP wrappers don’t seem to be compatible with it yet.

Not sure if its helpful, but you can use the wrappers to API to manage authentication and then call get/post/put etc on the methods directly.

Thanks,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.