Optional graph module

In my office we want toen show dashboards with various information. Ik was thinking of graphs to show progress and found this site http://www.rgraph.net/
It would be nice to connect it with the dataset module. How do we create a module with such functionality?

Hy friethoe,

I just created such a module for using on a internal team display to visualize bug rates, test coverage and others.
Feel free to use it and send me bugs and/or wanted features:

It’s the first release, so maybe not all is working as wanted or promised :slight_smile:

Greetings, Lukas

1 Like

@LukyLuke - really nice to see someone create a custom module for Xibo :gift:

I am looking forward to trying it out (next week I hope!).

If you are interested, I would be happy to create some suggestions on your GitHub repo for how you might be able to improve the module?

I’d also be interested in getting your feedback on the module creation process - I am sure there are things we can do to make it easier! You could open a dev topic for that, or PM me :smile:

Wow, this sounds awesome!!! I can’t wait to work with it!! Thanks a lot!I will let you know how things went, awsome!!
Cheers,Eric

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.
-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------Van: Dan Garner noreply@xibo.org.uk Datum: 29-04-17 12:38 (GMT+01:00) Aan: e.friethoff@gmail.com Onderwerp: [Xibo Community] [Features] Optional graph module

dan
            co-founder

April 29

@LukyLuke - really nice to see someone create a custom module for Xibo

I am looking forward to trying it out (next week I hope!).

If you are interested, I would be happy to create some suggestions on your GitHub repo for how you might be able to improve the module?

I’d also be interested in getting your feedback on the module creation process - I am sure there are things we can do to make it easier! You could open a dev topic for that, or PM me

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

LukyLuke

April 29

Hy friethoe, 

I just created such a module for using on a internal team display to visualize bug rates, test coverage and others. Feel free to use it and send me bugs and/or wanted features:

It’s the first release, so maybe not all is working as wanted or promised :slight_smile:

Greetings, L…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hey Dan,
Sure, feedback, bugreports and feature requests are welcome all the time :wink:
I will send you a PM with my first impressions!

Cheers and thanks for this Product!

Goodmorning LukyLuke,

First thing was to try your module, but I don’t seem to know how I should install this module.
Do you have or know how I should install this module, thanks !!!

Kind regards,
Eric

Hey eric,

just checkout the repo in the root of your XIBO installation.
So the content in “custom” has to be in “custom” folder on your Xibo installation
The Content of “web/vendor/rgraph” has to be in “web/vendor/rgraph” of your Xibo installation.

That simple :slight_smile:

I hope I didn’t forget any files…

Lukas

Hi Lucas,
Thank you for your reply.

I think you should know, that I’m still working on 1.7.8, while I don’t seem to get Docker working on my system and don’t have money to buy a new server yet…

I think you are working on 2.x because I don’t have a folder ‘Web’.

Does this make things a bit complicate???

Cheers,
Eric

Yes, I developed it for 2.x
To be honest: I have no Idea how the differences are to 1.x :thinking:
I can check out this later this week, or maybe Dan has some hints if this is compatible or not.

But, why you not just install it on the same server just on a different subdomain?

Cheers, Lukas

I have to correct my answer.
it’s for 1.8.1, at least I have installed that version here locally and it’s running there.

What exactly is not working Eric?
I Guess the difference from 1.7 to 1.8 are not dramatically different :thinking:

Hi Lucas,

Was I talking about v2.x already?! My mistake!! I meant v1.8 naturally, haha.
But my problem in v1.7.8 is that the folder structure is a bit different, so I don’t know how to place it in the right structure. I searched the forum, but I can’t seem to find any directions to install it. Like you described I placed some parts in \xibo\custom and the other part in \xibo\web and I expected to see something popping up under ‘Modules’ in the backend of the CMS, but there I do not notice a new available module.

The reason that I not switched to the newer version is that the installer of Docker keeps telling me that my current system is not supported and the setup is aborted…
My attempt to install it manually, went a bit wrong and I stopped the progress for now…

But first of all my thanks to you and the folks here in the forum, the help is great!!!

Cheers,
Eric

I see :slight_smile:
I will check 1.7 then and let you know.

Cheers, Lukas

The module will only work for 1.8 - there are drastic differences in the structure of the application and how modules are working.

I would suggest that you need to upgrade rather than rewrite the module for 1.7 (you would basically be doing it again).

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply, I agree that we shouldn’t do that. I will try to do the update again…

@Lucas, thanks for your help. I gonna try again, because I can’t wait to see you work in progress :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Eric