Opciones de repetición en programar evento

Buenos días:

Cuando programas un evento en Xibo existe una opción en la que te permite seleccionar que se repita diariamente, mensualmente, semanalmente, anualmente, etc. Dentro de estas opciones existe la opción de repetir CADA HORA. ¿Alguien podría explicarme para que sirve esa opción? He estado haciendo pruebas pero no consigo entenderlo.

Gracias

The every Hour option allows you to create an Event set by the the number of hours you would like it to repeat on.

For example, I created an Event with the below settings:

The above Event will begin today at 12:15 and end at 12:20, repeating every 2 hours. This means that once the Event has finished at 12:20, it will repeat 2 hours later, at 14:15 until 14:20 and then again each 2 hours. If I also set a date in the Until fields under the Repeats tab, it will no longer repeat every 2 hours once that final date has been reached.

I hope this helps you to understand how the Repeat Hourly option works.

Many Thanks.

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta, pero me surgen nuevas dudas.

¿Funciona igual si programamos el evento con un dayparting determinado?

Por ejemplo, si programo un evento con un dayparting establecido de 10:00 h a 14:00 h y le digo que lo repita cada 1 hora, ¿emitirá a las 10:00 h, 11:00 h, 12:00 h, 13:00 h y 14:00 h?

Gracias de nuevo

The type of schedule you are using as an example would not be a good way to use the Hourly Repeat option.

If you created an Event that was set to show 10am-2pm and set to repeat every 1 hour, you would end up with overlapping events.

The order would be:

• First Play will be 10am-2pm.
  • Next would be 11am-3pm.
  • Then 12pm-4pm.
  • Then 1pm-5pm
  • etc.

I have created a schedule based on what you have used as an example so you can see what it looks like:

As you can see, this would mean that you would have up to 4 repeats overlapping each other, which is not necessary. I would not recommend setting any event to repeat every hour if the event itself is over an hour long, or you will get this overlapping repeat as you have described.

Many Thanks.