Old Layout Designer

Is there any Way to get the Old Layout Designer back. We have use xibo from one of the frist vision and i must say the new Layout Designer will never work with non it compatible people it is rely bad so if there no chance for roll back of Layout Designer wee will be force to find new platform. Right now we are force to go back to 1.8.12 but there is no future in this?
I am sure we are not the only one with new Layout Designer problems for normal non it users.

Cheers
Jimmy

1 Like

Thank you for your post, we are currently making improvements to the Layout Designer based on user feedback received, which will be incorporated in our 2.3 release early next year.

Oh man I totally have the same problem. I have not upgraded our production instance to Xibo 2 yet specifically for this reason. I personally don’t think the new editor is bad–in fact I think it is more intuitive and user friendly. I appreciate all of the new features and I have certain clients that will appreciate the new designer. It is just wayyyyyy different.

In preparing to transition to Xibo 2, I had a few people volunteer to play around in a test system for a while. The learning curve from 1 to 2 is not linear at all with the layout designer; it’s like learning a brand new system.

I know we’re a bit far into 2 by now, but I think a good feature to encourage further upgrades would be a legacy mode option by user so people who support Xibo could ease users into the new editor and features.

Hello,
We also rolled back to 1.8 version - Our hope was to get a real drag&drop editor, - the new 2.0 version can;t be used by our existing and even new users (even who has never worked with v1.8)

Any news about when will 2.3 be available?

I’m not upgrading to 2.x either. The way I design my layouts (with a lot of overlapping fullscreen layers) just doesn’t work as well.

What about having a choice in which editor you want to use?

We are aiming for an alpha of 2.3 for tomorrow.

1 Like

How lovely!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
Thank you!:blush:

We have released the first developmental preview for the 2.3 version of Xibo which incorporates feedback received since the release of v2.

Please do take a look at the improvements that have been made, it would be great to hear your thoughts: Improved Layout Designer in 2.3.0-alpha

Many thanks for your continued support!