Not playing more than one item in region timeline

Hello,

First, I apologize if this is an easy fix. I’ve tried searching, but have come up empty handed. I’m using 1.7.5 of both the CMS and the Windows player.

I have a very basic layout that has 4 regions (clock, webpage, RSS ticker and larger region for videos/etc). In the large region I have two items in the timeline - a video and an embedded Google Slides presentation. When the player is first launched the video plays, followed by the Google Slides presentation, but then the video never comes back on and the slideshow repeats forever.

The video is set for 377 seconds (the length of the video) and the presentation is set for 60 seconds.

The embed code looks like this for the Google Slides presentation:

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DbyxSKfs-VnLL_Rtle_JQ2XEFtZwo-Z94UZ9ljm1bSw/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=10000" frameborder="0" width="1280" height="749" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Try using the Webpage media type instead with the url set to:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DbyxSKfs-VnLL_Rtle_JQ2XEFtZwo-Z94UZ9ljm1bSw/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=10000

You probably want it in “Open Natively” mode.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the prompt reply, but it didn’t help. The media type has been updated, but it still gets stuck on the presentation. I’m going to try making a new layout to see if the problem still exists - I will report back soon.

Moving the layout onwards is controlled by something external to the media itself, so the type of content you embed shouldn’t be able to “freeze” the playback.

Do you get the same behaviour if you replace the presentation with a simple text item or image?

If not, can you export your layout and PM me a link to it, i’ll load it up and see if I can spot anything

Hi again,

Dan - as you suggested, I removed the Google Slides item from the timeline and replaced it with text. Without the Google Slides item it plays exactly as it should (rotating between the video and text).

I will PM you a link to the exported layout.

OK, I’ve got it and will take a look when I can (hopefully today)

I’ve found out if I remove loop=true from the embed code (or URL as Alex recommended) it works as expected. For now I can get away with not having the presentation loop as I can just adjust the times in the CMS to correspond with the length of the presentation. However, it would be nice to be able to have the show loop.

Well that is interesting… i’m really not sure why that would make a different but I will certainly give it a go when I try to recreate (haven’t had the chance yet - sorry)

@Peter - can you please try and recreate the problem on unittest?

Hi there,

It seems that there is indeed a bug regarding loop parameter on Windows player, we logged it, you can track it here:

Android
We also did some tests on Android device to be sure and the loop parameter in URL/embed code didn’t affect the playback. It displayed the whole video, then 60s of presentation then back to the video.