No layout change after an expired schedule

Hello everyone!

first of all, sorry for my rather bad english. I help myself with a dictionary and my bad english from school.
I’m new to this forum and works the first time with Xibo. As well, i’ve had so far little to do with php.

We would like first of all testing xibo in our headquarter and maybe distributed over the network to other branchs later.

I have the Xibo CMS 1.7.5 installed on an old Windows 7 computer, this is for testing my server and my client. As far as everything works well and I’m getting better with the user interface.

Now to my problem:
If I have a layout for the period from 13:00 on schedule - 14:00 (1pm to 2pm) - it works.
When I before 14:00 (2pm) announce another layout to schedule - it works.
But as soon as the time runs out, I have no chance to enter the screen any layouts or schedules. The screen plays only from the last known layout. Adopted at 14:30 I want again a layout for 15:00 - 20:00 Register (3pm to 8pm), then my screen does not respond to the new schedule but continues to play from the last known layout.

Only when I reboot the server and the client pulls the client to the new schedule and plays as desired layout from.

Do you understand my problem? Can you help me?
I look forward to your help!

Best regards!

Hi,

If there is nothing scheduled, your device should display the default layout.
When you schedule a layout, your device should ‘know’ about it after next collection interval then download new content(if necessary) and update schedule. Each collection interval client exchanges informations with CMS - How do Players communicate with the CMS

There are some things that can interfere with schedule for example causing it to miss scheduled layout.
The Most common cause for this behaviour would be really long media durations on your current/default layout.
So you might want to look at that, also this for explanation - Understanding Media Duration and how it affects the playback of a Layout

If you won’t notice anything like that on your layouts, could you please show us a screenshot of status window on your client when the issue occurs? (press ‘i’ on your keyboard when Xibo has focus to display status window)

Hi Peter, many thanks for the quick response! Yesterday i tested again after a system reboot.
All my test layouts are quite simply Wallpapers + 10 seconds clock display or text display.

Yesterday, the system has even reverted after time on the default layout. Then again I could add a schedule even after 20 minutes. Dan has it works.

After the expiration of the system has stopped working. as we initially described the last known display layout and it does not switch to the standard layout

I have made some screenshots:

It works.

Can you see anything in it?

thank you in advance.

Default Layout works.

system no longer responds to changes in the CMS.

system no longer responds to changes in the CMS. → next Day

Could you please try to click “verify all” from Modules page in your CMS and see if that changes anything?
Are there any internet connection issues?

If not, then I am afraid we will need to look at logs to help you further.

Could you please:
Go to Displays page -> edit your display -> on advanced tab set Auditing to 'Yes’
Go to Report Fault page -> click on “Turn on debugging”

Now you would need to recreate the problem and when it is in this completely not responding state, go to Report Fault page in CMS and click the collect and save data button. It will download your logs as troubleshoot.txt file.

Then you might want to edit any sensitive data from it and send it to us - upload it to dropbox/similar and share the download link with us (in this topic or via pm).

After I click “verify all”, the error is still there. I had the same error again.
by 18 clock (6 pm) schedule has ended → default layout begins.
at 18:10 till 20:00 (6:10 pm - 8 pm) a different layout should be loaded → but only shows the default layout.
I restart the client → it works.

here the status windows from press ‘i’

I have now enabled the logs and try to produce the error again tomorrow.

Ok, thank you.

I think it would be good for me to look at your layouts just in case.
If you could export them and send me the .zip files that would be great (here or via pm).

The other thing that we could try would be for you to create a free demo CMS instance with us (Spring Signage).
Import your layout there and see how it will work with your player.
For one, it would be easier for me to access the CMS / layout / logs etc and if it will work fine, then that would suggest some problems with your on premise CMS installation.
Let me know if you’d be willing to try that.

How can I write a message to you, anyway?

My posts with links will be flagged as spam.

Yeah, I was wondering why I got 15+ notifications at the same time :scream:
I guess discourse doesn’t like when new users are posting links to file upload net.

Don’t worry, I got your 2 layouts, so I’ll have a look at the later today.
As for Demo CMS with our hosting, I’ll get back to you via pm.

I have now tried it with your CMS. I get here exactly the same mistake.
The monitor plays after the schedule not the default layout, but the last known layout.

what can be wrong?

Antivirus? FireWall?

So, you scheduled layout id8 earlier today from what I can see (logs and screenshot from your player) it is currently displaying layout id6 which is your default layout - as there is nothing currently scheduled it’s a correct behaviour.

I am sorry but as it is I don’t see what’s wrong (I am talking about the demo CMS account that you have with us of course)

I had from 12:15 clock until 13:00 clock schaduled layout “Feierabend”. When I looked back at the monitor at 13:30 clock, this layout was still displayed.
I then restart the player with Alt + F4, then it has the default layout appears. An automatic change by 13 clock was not carried out.

I’m sorry that I sign up so late. we had internal server changes and therefore I had little time.

Meanwhile run my Xibo server. The CMS has been installed on a hosted Linux Debian Server. The client is a Windows 7 PC without antivirus software or similar (clear install). I suspect it was the virus software on the old client.

We had the system on a fair while and it’s great! I’m gonna get me now an android pc, and will try it on andriod.
I stay still active in the forum and keep you up to date!