News stream plays only once, then never again

Hi,

I need to show this stream several times a day on various displays (latest player version 2.55 Windows 10):
https://www.ardmediathek.de/daserste/live/Y3JpZDovL2Rhc2Vyc3RlLmRlL3RhZ2Vzc2NoYXUvbGl2ZXN0cmVhbQ

I cretated a layout with the embeded widget, set a duration of 30 seconds and entered these lines in the section HTML to embed:

When showing this layout for the first time it works on most displays. When playing it back the next time it shows only a still picture of the initial screen.

As this happens with several displays I guess it is a bug in the player. It plays back fine when previewing the layout in the CMS. Restarting the player hardware or playing another layout with the same setting doesn’t cure the problem. Could one of the developers please check that?

Hi Boxy,

I cretated a layout with the embeded widget, set a duration of 30 seconds and entered these lines in the section HTML to embed:

The HTML is missing. Please can you send it again?

Sorry, didn’t verify, my fault.

<!-- BROWSER=edge -->
<iframe src="https://www.ardmediathek.de/daserste/live/Y3JpZDovL2Rhc2Vyc3RlLmRlL3RhZ2Vzc2NoYXUvbGl2ZXN0cmVhbQ/" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Thank you for the HTML. It would appear that something about the live stream has changed since it was previously working, which has made it incompatible with the browsers that Xibo for Windows uses. You might be able to contact the stream provider for support, or you could search for an alternative stream.

I hope that you are able to find a workaround.

Also, please try to avoid opening multiple threads about the same topic in future, as it becomes hard to keep track.

Kind Regards,

Frazer

Whenever I open that link using Edge on one of my players it starts to playback the stream automatically. I can close the browser, open the stream and close the browser as many times as I want. I also can open several tabs and open that link in any of the tabs.

Is the browser engine you use within Xibo of some different kind?

Unfortunately there’s no other stream available; none of the other stations offers anything similar.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.