Network connections / API Key

Hellos,

Ive been using Xibo for years but never updated and my last version was 1.8. Before updating all that I decided to simply start from fresh. So I installed Version 4.0.9 CMS with a completly fresh XAMPP on a Windows 11 machine.

Now I have problems with all of my internet accessible widgets

• Ticker
  • Weather
  • Stock

I’ve already changed my Internet Access to a directly routed. This way I got the ticker/rss feed working. Fine so far as this is something I have to manage then. But even with a directaccess to the Internet the stock nor the weather is displaying me anything.

At stock and weather Ill receive: “no data providers configured”
From the older version I know I have to enter in advanced some kind of api key. But I don’t find any options for this. Do I oversee something here?

In v4 these are “Connectors” found in Administration → Applications → Connectors:

Hello again,

thanks - I was already once at that page but I just saw all the other modules like canva and pixabay and just moved along

But yeah, Ive entered at both my new API key and done. The Stock is showing now the correct data

But the weather still have problems:
No results returned, please configure Open Weather Map connector!
Unable to get weather results.

Ive tried 2.5 and 3.0 weather map config but still without luck. What could be the problem in this case?

Just to get 100% sure that it’s not because of any firewall… I’ve connected that pc via wifi to a mobile phone hotspot with same result

I’ve just copied my whole xampp folder onto a thumbdrive and took it home to a private non-domain windows 10 computer. same failure. this means there is for sure also no problem with any additional local firewall/proxy setting/GPO by company.

Have you read the Xibo documentation? Weather | Xibo Digital Signage

Hm. thanks for that hint… I guess it’s because of “Unfortunately a credit card is required to activate this service.” for use of that actual service.

The first good thing is… thewre are still 1k requests free, right?
so how is the best way to ensure that I NEVER EVER get over that limit? what exactly triggers that api call?

any reload of any layout? or can I select anywhere how often it shouuld actualize? is that the “This module uses 3rd party data. Please enter the number of seconds you would like to cache results.” cache option maybe? just like when I enter there 3600 - it’s one call per hour?
does any display calls self or is just the CMS calling?

A checkbox by the development “never call more than 1000 times” would be great to get 100% sure it will never produce any costs.

Ah, just found out that it looks like there is a set limit at their page directly. Just set it to limit 999. So that problem looks solved as well.

And since Ive added my CC Ill receive the data as well.

1 Like