MP4 video and JPG not displayed on top of background though audio plays

Greetings,
I’ve just installed the Xibo 1.7.6 CMS on Ubuntu Server 14.04, and the Xibo Windows Client 1.7.6 on Windows 7. I’ve created a layout in the CMS that has text in a region at the bottom, a clock in the lower-right, then a background picture above (set as the background) with an MP4 video and a JPG loaded in their separate and not overlapping regions on top of it.
I’ve followed all the permissions and layout construction instructions from what previous posts I could find. I’ve installed the klite codec pack, VLC, and tested the layout on that computer by logging in as a Xibo user and previewing the layout through IE 11. It looks great in preview.
When the Xibo Player plays, I can hear the video playing, and I can even see flashes of the playing video. But it stabilizes to just the background picture, not showing the JPG and MP4 I’ve loaded in their own regions.
Any ideas or processes to try would be gratefully accepted.

Hi,

Does the background image is also .jpg?

Yes it is. It’s a JPG image.

Could you perhaps export your layout, upload it to dropbox/similar and share the download link with me? (here or via pm)

This way it would be easier for me to tell you what could be wrong.

Just in case, did you make the change in registry regarding browser emulation? Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

Here’s the test layout that I’m using:

Please let me know if you’re unable to access that layout.

I went through and modified the Registry with the 64-bit instructions; should I also do the 32-bit instructions?
I modified the layout to put in elements around the border, and deliberately sharnk the background image. That image is not allowing any other regions through. Is it the file order that needs to be changed?

Aaaand. . . it may have something to do with not setting the background image as the ‘background’ for the layout, but as a region of its own.

Thank you for your patience, I have a working test bed now.
Have a great day!

Ah yes, if it was just in a full screen region, then that would be fine on Android with specified layers (z-index) but on Windows client, well you know what happened :wink:

I am glad you figured this out and that now it’s fine.