Method: schedule manager: message invalid dependent for layout - layout12falsefalse (timestamp stuff) dependent = 254.mp

Method: schedule manager: message invalid dependent for layout - layout12falsefalse (timestamp stuff) dependent = 254.mp

This happens for any library item I add to this layout (number.mp changes of course) if that library item is not previously included in the layout, meaning a repeat . If the video is a repeat of another layout item i can add it and it plays no problem.

Android client.

Hi,

I’ve already replied to your ticket that you created with us.
I’ll post the same answer here, perhaps it will help someone else too.

When a layout is sent to the player in the schedule, it contains a list of dependant files, if those files are not valid (i.e. haven’t been downloaded yet, have previously failed to play, etc) then the layout won’t be included in the schedule. Assuming that your files are valid and weren’t blacklisted you just need to wait for your player to finish downloading them.

I assume you were adding new media files to your existing layout that was already playing on your device, in which case your player couldn’t download every new file in time, therefore those errors and probably revert back to play default layout (or splash screen if this layout was your default).

As for ‘repeat’ media files, they are not causing problems, because those files are already downloaded on your player.

How to solve this, you might want to have some default layout playing on your device, when you are about to add new media to your ‘main’ layout, then when it’s edited/updated schedule it to your player and let it download everything peacefully.