Media-library stays empty

CMS Version

Player Type

Windows 2 R252.6-252

Issue

If you navigate to the Library > Media section in CMS, the page stays empty (see screenshot).

But the library is filled with images, all uploaded in previous CMS versions.
This also occurred in previous CMS versions (at least since 2.3.0).

But when a layout is edited to include an image, choosing the library, the images are shown (see second sreenshot).

What is causing this? I have run the debug-mode and have a zip-file containing the information if needed.
A small section of the log includes an error-message of syntax errors.

1862,751b0cf,"2020-06-02 10:06:24",WEB,/library,GET,"SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0, 10' at line 29#0 /var/www/cms/lib/Storage/PdoStorageService.php(278): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/cms/lib/Factory/MediaFactory.php(776): Xibo\Storage\PdoStorageService->select('\n            SE...', Array)
#2 /var/www/cms/lib/Controller/Library.php(532): Xibo\Factory\MediaFactory->query(Array, Array)
#3 [internal function]: Xibo\Controller\Library->grid()
#4 /var/www/cms/vendor/akrabat/rka-slim-controller/RKA/Slim.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 [internal function]: RKA\Slim->RKA\{closure}()
#6 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(468): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#7 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1355): Slim\Route->dispatch()
#8 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(85): Slim\Slim->call()
#9 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(92): Slim\Middleware\Flash->call()
#10 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Actions.php(150): Slim\Middleware\MethodOverride->call()
#11 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Theme.php(36): Xibo\Middleware\Actions->call()
#12 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/WebAuthentication.php(131): Xibo\Middleware\Theme->call()
#13 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/CsrfGuard.php(63): Xibo\Middleware\WebAuthentication->call()
#14 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/State.php(121): Xibo\Middleware\CsrfGuard->call()
#15 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Storage.php(48): Xibo\Middleware\State->call()
#16 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Xmr.php(37): Xibo\Middleware\Storage->call()
#17 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1300): Xibo\Middleware\Xmr->call()
#18 /var/www/cms/web/index.php(127): Slim\Slim->run()
#19 {main}",,DEBUG
1863,95abe3a,"2020-06-02 10:06:24",WEB,/user/pref,POST,"Request stats: {
    "default": {
        "select": 6,
        "insert": 1,
        "commit": 1
    },
    "log": {
        "insert": 5
    },
    "length": 1.0055618286132812,
    "memoryUsage": 13697936,
    "peakMemoryUsage": 13753320
}.",,INFO
1864,751b0cf,"2020-06-02 10:06:24",WEB,/library,GET,"SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0, 10' at line 29 Exception Type: PDOException",,ERROR
1865,751b0cf,"2020-06-02 10:06:24",WEB,/library,GET,"Request stats: {
    "default": {
        "select": 4
    },
    "log": {
        "insert": 6
    },
    "length": 0.9814419746398926,
    "memoryUsage": 13435600,
    "peakMemoryUsage": 13667824
}.",,INFO

Hi vinnce :slight_smile:

Are you using a Docker Install?

If so, it sounds like a similar issue that has been flagged already. Can you please use shift +F5 as it should resolve it.
Please let us know how it works for you.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t work. Even using different accounts and an incognito-tab didn’t work.
We’re using Docker indeed.

Thank you for your reply.

I have just seen that in your first screenshot on the top right corner you have a filter that is on ’ yes ’ for Gedeactiveerd which I believe we call ’ retired’ in the English version so if you don’t have any media items that have been retired that could explain why the library shows ’ no matching record found ’ while the images are showing correctly in your Layout since the images are in the library within the ’ non retired ’ item.

If you think it is possible no medias was retired so it makes sense nothing is shown while that filter is on, please clear try to take out this filter and refresh the page.

That filter-option was just a left-over from options I have tried (just changing every filter-option to see if any images pop up). Even with every filter disabled/empty, no media is shown.

Please clear your web browser cache completely. That should resolve it for you.

Unfortunately it doesn’t.
Apparently, it looks like this is somehow caused by internet-options, breaking some SQL-queries. I have tried multiple browsers (freshly installed Firefox, Edge, IE 11, Chrome), different random computers (never have been connected to the Xibo Dashboard), all to no avail, but when I use Windows Sandbox or an other Virtual Environment (Hyper-V), the media-library is showing content! When the troubleshoot of Xibo is performed, no errors are found in the logs, while on the regular computers, the error

GET,"SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0, 10' at line 29#0 /var/www/cms/lib/Storage/PdoStorageService.php(278): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/cms/lib/Factory/MediaFactory.php(776): Xibo\Storage\PdoStorageService->select('\n            SE...', Array)

can be seen. What can cause this? Our Xibo-docker runs locally and is added to the Local Intranet.

Can you try logging in as a different user please on a browser that doesn’t work? I wonder if it’s related to your user preferences.

Using a different account doesn’t help. Even a newly created account shows the same result, no media in the library.

Please can you put the CMS in to test mode (it’s a setting in the main CMS settings). You should then find that when you access the Media page, in the log will be the complete SQL being run to generate that result.

If you could let us have that log output please we can see what is going on.

I wanted to chime in that I’m having the same issue as the original post with the library. I have noticed that if I remote desktop in to the docker server I can see the library with the same user. This is the same setup I have used all the way through and it has only happened since the 2.3 update. I have confirmed that if I launch a previous version that the issue goes away.

Remote Computer:

Local Host:

Hello,

I had the same issue but clearing all the browser cache resolved the issue. At first time I didn’t clear everything and the issue was still there but clearing everything really resolved the issue.

Like mentioned before, fresh installs of browsers, other computers which has never visited the xibo-dashboard and really clearing the cache didn’t work for me.

However, we can open the dashboard using an URL and internal IP (port 8080).
Using the URL (https), the media-library is filled! Using the URL with http, it doesn’t work anymore! Using the internal IP (port 8080, http), it isn’t. But it has worked in the past, so it should work.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.