Many IPs under Session without username

CMS Version

Docker 2.3.4

Player Type

Windows

Player Version

R202 White Labled

Issue

We have two Servers. In both I have (unknown) IPs under Session without a username attached. It seams that they are all over the globe. On one server there are only a few without a username (10 as I start writing, 0 right now as I would take a screenshot?), all marked as active (in spite there session runs out some time/days ago). On the other, an azure cloud server, there are a couple per hour to 100 per minute, and there they are not marked as active when the session runs out some times ago.

All this leads to this questions:

1. Does “no username” means that this are login attempts without success!? Or eg. just port scans? Or are there really attacker logins with an empty-string username (maybe exploits a security-bug)? With other words, should we be worried and what can/should we do about it (how can we investigate further)?

2. How is it possible that a session is active while it runs out long time ago? Or does this things doesn’t mean what it looks like? And if that’s the case, what does that all means?

I know, there is an old question with the same case, but non of the important questions gets answered there.

So I hope you can bring light to these events.

I think, for authorized users, it should always looks like this:

I just want to add that we upgraded to 2.3.5 and has also Client versions of R200, R201 and R254 connected. And the Log looks the same.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.