Local Video auto restarts after exactly 6½ minutes

Hello,

I have scheduled several video’s. Each video plays around 45 minutes.
The filesize is around 3,5gb.
I didn’t loop the local video are the region. The duration of the video is around 2700 seconds.
I use Xampp for the local cms and Windows client.

The problem:
After the first 6 minutes and 30 seconds each video restarts automatically.
After that the video plays till the end of scheduled time is completed.

I think the problem has to do with the php.ini. But I can’t find out what the problem is.

Please help me out!

Thank you so much!

It’s unlikely to be anything to do with your php.ini file.

What duration have you set on the videos? Try setting them to 0 (automatic) so they detect the end automatically.

Restarting part way through is likely due to a change in the layout being received by the Player so it’s restarting the layout to take that change in to account.

Thank you for the reply!

Setting the duration to 0 gave the same results. The video starts over at the beginning after 6 1/2 minutes.

Because of the exact restarting time, there must be a solution like cache or buffering, I think :wink:

Hopefully you have the solution…

Thanks in advance

What Player are you using please?

Xibo client player for Windows.

I downloaded and use this player: https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-cms/releases/download/1.7.5/xibo-client-1.7.5-win32-x86.msi

What version? And on what version of Windows? To be clear you’ve copied the videos somewhere locally on each Player and then loaded them with the LocalVideo module? Does it happen on all Players or only on one?

I downloaded and use this player: https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-cms/releases/download/1.7.5/xibo-client-1.7.5-win32-x86.msi
I run Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit version

Yes I copied the videos on my local hard drive and loaded them in the Local Video module. Please take a look at the attachments.

Btw I changed a lot of number in the php.ini and for what I can see now the video restarts around 28 minutes. Just to see if there where any changes.
For example:
max_execution_time=30000
max_input_time=60000
pdo_mysql.cache_size=10000
etc.

Maybe you can work with that?

Thank you so much for the help so far!!

Changes to the php.ini file can’t effect the Player. It doesn’t use PHP or run php in any way.

If the layout is reloading part way through, I would suggest something is changing the layout on the CMS and therefore the Player restarts to show those changes. Please be sure nothing is changed on the CMS while the layout plays. You could even turn off the option to expire modified layouts on the Display Settings profile for your player.

No, I didn’t change anything in the layout.

I tried turning off the modified layouts, but no change :frowning:
After 13 minutes the video restarted.

Hopefully you’ve got more suggestions for me…

No I’m afraid I don’t. It’s not a problem I’ve seen before. Perhaps you can try with a different PC

If you upload them using the video module, does the same thing happen?

I tried the same on an other pc. And there wasn’t any problem about restarting too soon.

So I compared the settings of both pc’s and I figured out that I only used 1 display setting profile for 2 client players.

Makes that any sense for you?

Now I’m testing the video’s with 1 display setting profile per client player.
When this is the solution, I’ll let you know.

Anyway thank you so much for your help!!

That won’t be the problem - the profiles are designed to be used across multiple players.

If it doesn’t happen on the other PC then there must be something different between those PC’s - unfortunately I can’t think what… :confounded:

What kind of difference are you thinking about? Should I search in de files in the Xampp directory are just in the settings in xibo dashboard?

Is it possible to copy the files from the other pc to this one?

My understanding of your problem is that it is a player issue and not a CMS issue. I.e. you have installed the CMS somewhere, connected a player to it and you are now trying to play videos from 2 players.

1 player works fine, the other does not… they share the same CMS.

So you aren’t looking for any differences in the CMS - you are looking for something on the Player - are they the same versions, same O/S - have you transferred the same videos to the same local folder, etc

I’m so glad I can tell everything works great now!!

I reinstalled windows 8.1, so I could start over installing Xibo correctly.
Now the movies are shown correctly, without restarting.

Thank you for your help and input!

2 Likes