Local HD video restarts after a couple of minutes

I still have this problem (see the older topic):

The scheduled layout, with the local video (.mp4 50 minutes 4gb), starts the video as expected. But after 5 - 20 minutes the video automatically restarts. Then the video starts over from the beginning and restarts again after 5 - 20 minutes till the scheduled ending time has reached.
I set the time to 0, so the local video shouldn’t restart too soon.

I installed Xibo on my new installed windows 8.1 pro.
Xammp control panel 3.2.2 for local database
Xibo cms Version 1.7.5
Xibo client Player 1.7.5. I use 2 clients by Windows Client Multi-install

Is it possible to help me out, by finding the problem using teamviewer?

It’s no problem for paying for this if a xibo developer could help me out.

Thank you.

The only reason I can think of that a layout would restart in that scenario is if the layout changed on the CMS and the Player were configured to expire modified layouts.

Thank you!

The ‘Expire modified layouts’ was checked. So I unchecked it and will test it.

I also tried an other movie, but this was the same results.

Does Xibo use a program like Window Media Player for playing the movies and using the codecs?
Can the problem have to do with this?

Yes Xibo uses the Windows Media Player system (but not the application directly) to playback video so you need to ensure your videos play there for them to work in Xibo.

I tested the video again in xibo, but it still restarts after 5 - 20 minutes.

I also played the same movie in Windows Movie Player (newest version, no updates available), and there was no problem. It plays till the end without restarting.

Does Xibo, Xampp and Xibo client work on windows 10?
I could try to upgrade to windows 10 and see if the same problem appears.

Thank you for your reply!

We’ve not had any reports that it doesn’t work on 10. I don’t think upgrading will help though.

You need to look at the Player information screen at the point the layout restarts and see what is logged. It will say why it restarted the layout.

I have activated the Player information screen and after 10 minutes the video restarted. But there was nothing reported on the information screen. I’ve made a printscreen of the screen.

For your information, there are more regions in this layout.

I really need this to get it work, would you check my computer using Teamviewer?
I’ll pay for this help.

Thank you!

I can’t check your computer I’m afraid.

Can you try it please on a layout with just the LocalVideo media and no other media items or regions first.

Okay, no problem.

I tried with just 1 region with the local video, but unfortunately the same results.

I also tested the same on the cloud version of xibo: https://wayoflife.xibo.co.uk
The video’s are placed on the same pc as the xibo client is installed. But also here, the video restarts after about 10 minutes.

So the problem has to be somewhere in the xibo client.

Hopefully we are getting anywhere…

Would you be able to try explicitly setting the duration of the video to the full video length to see if that solves the issue? So on the local video module you would put 2400 (40 minutes).

Hello,

I tried before, but it didn’t work out.

I think the problem must be in the graphics or drivers.

I give it up, I bought an android mediaplayer and use Xibo Cloud to solve this problem.

Thanks again for your help!

OK, pleased you have it solved in any case - sorry we weren’t able to get you a solution with your prior hardware