Linux player video playback not smooth

Hi Xibo Community,

I recently installed a Ubuntu 20.4 based Linux player using the snap package. It all works great out-of-the-box, but the playback of videos are not smooth. The playback seems choppy.

When playing the video using the command line Gstreamer (gst-play-1.0) the playback is as smooth as can be.
I tried compiling a custom version using the code on Github, to see if a newer version of the code resolved the issue, but unfortunatly this is not the case.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Regards,
Bart

Hi Bart, welcome to the Xibo community!

Can you provide an exported copy of your layout in a private message so I can test this on my Ubuntu 20.04 machine? can you also confirm if you are seeing this on specific videos or if all videos perform the same?

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply, I’ve exported the layout but I can not seem to send you a PM.
I see this in most videos in the layout, using Windows (and the Windows player) on the same hardware works great, but who wants to use windows :wink:?

With my Linux signage clients (Ubuntu based) I ensure the graphics ppa is installed and the latest video drivers for your chipset are present. Youtube & videos embedded in Google Slides play ok.

1 Like

Im having the exact same issue on ubuntu 20. Videos play fine in the default player or VLC, but are choppy in Xibo. These same video worked fine on a previous version of the client however.

What hardware are you using?

Intel Nuc. Videos played fine on this same hardware until last year, its got to be a xibo-player issue.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.