Linux Player Building with Docker

Good day. Please help me with manual installation of the player for Linux.

I follow this instruction (https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-linux#building-with-docker-only-for-ubuntu-1804), but I get an error.

I would like to put the version of R4 and R2, to check something

I have ubuntu 18 and docker installed

I am not strong in docker, so I don’t quite understand the error

vasa@vb-xibo:~/xibo-linux$ sudo docker build -t xibo-linux .
[sudo] password for vasa:
Sending build context to Docker daemon 4.345MB
Step 1/9 : FROM docker-snapcraft
pull access denied for docker-snapcraft, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied

It’s not a Docker problem.

If you want to build R2 or R4, you need to checkout that tag first and then build.

From R5 onward we don’t use Docker in that way anymore so it won’t work with the develop or R5 branches.

From R5 onward we don’t use Docker in that way anymore so it won’t work with the develop or R5 branches

Then how can you build the R5 Linux player? The README still refers to the Docker build command? What am I missing?

The Dockerfiles still exist in the repository because when we’re building using GitHub Actions we have to first build a container with snapcraft installed, and then use a container to build.

If you have snapcraft installed locally, you can bypass all of that and just us the snapcraft command.

The README should reflect that now.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.