Linux player 1.8R4 Edge splash.jpg error

Hi all,

Upgraded one display to the edge version that was released today. It ran for a short time but now when i start the player the screen is black and if i press I it crashes. When it crashes it reports the error below.

user@cdm-imac-04:~$ xibo-player
[15:26:55.849] [2094] [error]: [SplashScreen] [ImageGtk] Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/snap/xibo-player/40/bin/splash.jpg'
[15:26:56.609] [2094] [error]: [SplashScreen] [ImageGtk] Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/snap/xibo-player/40/bin/splash.jpg'

(player:2094): Gtk-WARNING **: 15:26:58.322: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /snap/xibo-player/40/usr/share/icons/Humanity/status/48/image-missing.svg: Unrecognized image file format (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 3)
Player exited with code 6
[15:27:02.186] [2222] [error]: [SplashScreen] [ImageGtk] Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/snap/xibo-player/40/bin/splash.jpg'
[15:27:02.987] [2222] [error]: [SplashScreen] [ImageGtk] Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/snap/xibo-player/40/bin/splash.jpg'

(player:2222): Gtk-WARNING **: 15:27:04.861: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /snap/xibo-player/40/usr/share/icons/Humanity/status/48/image-missing.svg: Unrecognized image file format (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 3)
Player exited with code 6

I’ve reopened the issue - thanks for testing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.