Linux Player - 1.8 R1 Released

The team at Xibo Signage are pleased to announce that our first release of the new Xibo Player for Linux is ready. This release works with Xibo CMS version 1.8.12 or later.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/linux-player-1-8-r1-released/

still getting a unexpected end of data error on 1.xlf(10)

My feedbacks on two hardwares :

1/ Intel Compute Stick 18.04LTS

• Videos renders very slow
  • Need restart the client to update Campaigns changes
  • Sometimes does not display webtext (like the clock widget)

2/ Asus i7 Laptop 18.04LTS worked ok with the 1.8beta1
Impossible to run the player. Logs :

(player:6442): glibmm-ERROR **: 21:51:37.566:
unhandled exception (type std::exception) in signal handler:
what: No such node (layout)

Globals remark :

• It could be a good idea to disable the mouse pointer
  • I found where to change the splash screen but it would be cool to make it a field in cmsSettings.xml

Hope all of those are useful
Chz all

Check the file contents. You should find it in the library location with name: 1.xlf. If the files contain HTML data I have the same error. The player doesn’t find the correct files and writes HTML error message (301 moved permanently in my case) to all the files it tries to download , thus the data it expects to load from the files is corrupted. Unfortunately I don’t have a solution to this problem yet.

EDIT:

I managed to get the player to run and display the default layout. Now I’ll just need to get it to update the layouts.
Changing the address from https://yourwebsite.com to https://www.yourwebsite.com did the trick.

Hi Xibo Team,

Faced below three errors in three different attempts:

1. After authorized display from CMS and launched xibo-player first time:-
    Gtk-Message: 02:11:14.229: Failed to load module “topmenu-gtk-module”
    terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injectorboost::property_tree::ptree_bad_path >’
    what(): No such node (sizeX)

2. Gtk-Message: 18:05:36.586: Failed to load module “topmenu-gtk-module”
    [18:05:36.682] [002080] [error]: No such node (schedule)

3. (gst-plugin-scanner:4949): GStreamer-WARNING **: 18:38:11.937: Failed to load plugin ‘/snap/xibo-player/19/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstaasink.so’: libgpm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:4949): GStreamer-WARNING **: 18:38:14.180: Failed to load plugin ‘/snap/xibo-player/19/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstaasink.so’: libgpm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: 18:38:14.470: Failed to load module “topmenu-gtk-module”
[18:38:14.620] [004890] [debug]: Player settings updated
[18:38:14.621] [004957] [debug]: Collection started
[18:38:14.623] [004957] [debug]: Scheme: 0 HostType: 1 Host: 172.20.92.70 Port: 80 Target: /xibo-cms-1.8.12/web/xmds.php?v=5
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injectorboost::property_tree::ptree_bad_path >’
what(): No such node (sizeX)

Thanks,
Amit

Yes, me too since alpha.

I do not think the software respects the address correctly. I have to run cms on a different port.

I’ve Ubuntu Mate on a Raspberry Pi 3B, but since it’s an ARM-processor, the Linux Player cannot be installed. Will the Linux Player also be available in the future for ARM-processors, or do I need to buy an other minicomputer?