LG Display - will displays image but will not play video

I have an LG 65UL3J-E. Its current firmware version is 3.08.60. This one will display images but will not play video. I just get a black screen.

I have another display that is the same model but the firmware is 3.06.75. This one plays everything just fine.

The one I’m having issues with was bought a few weeks after the one that works. I’ve double-checked all of the settings to ensure that they match each other. Both are using WebOS v3. The only difference I can see between them is the firmware version. Has anyone else had this issue with LG?

LG’s support section doesn’t list any available firmware to download for this model. So I can’t see a way to roll it back. Any help would be appreciated.

HI Timothy.Clubine, welcome to the community and thank you for posting your issue.

Can you confirm that you are using the latest version 3 player, which is R301? If not, please can you upgrade to that version and confirm if you still see the black screen when a video is expected to appear?

If the issue does occur when using R301, you can download the 3.06.75 firmware from here. Technically this is a downgrade so you will need to follow the instructions at the end of this guide.

If the issue still persists, please feel free to create a ticket and put it for my attention.

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW,

Yes both LG TVs are using v3 R301. I successfully downgraded the TV I was having issues with to 3.06.75 firmware and it fixed the issue. Thank you for your help.

I really appreciate you updating this post to confirm the issue is now resolved. I’m glad we were able to resolve this for you.

All the best with your Xibo for webOS displays.

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.