Layout import problem

Hi ALL,

I like to start by thanking anyone involved with Xibo. Great program! I have been testing various install for the past month on and off and I settled on WIN10/ Docker. The install is pretty strait forward and everything seems to work like it should until I decided to download some layouts and import them. Every time I try to import I get an “internal server” error. I was hoping I would get some errors in the logs to share but nothing shows in the logs. The layouts download as images, I then put several in a folder, compress them and try to upload the zip file. I tried it with just one layout thinking it was a size issue but I get the same error. Any help would be appreciated!

Cannot upload layouts > internal Server error
WIN10/Docker
Xibo 1.8.12

1 Like

Hi,

Same problem here, with the same configuration.
There’s an error after the upload of the zip on the server.

Create Layout from ZIP File: /var/www/cms/library/temp/export_mercredi.zip, imported name will be Mercredi.

Loading Layout by XLF

Error importing Layout: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Empty string supplied as input

#0 [internal function]: Slim\Slim::handleErrors(2, ‘DOMDocument::lo…’, ‘/var/www/cms/li…’, 363, Array) #1 /var/www/cms/lib/Factory/LayoutFactory.php(363): DOMDocument->loadXML(‘’) #2 /var/www/cms/lib/Factory/LayoutFactory.php(577): Xibo\Factory\LayoutFactory->loadByXlf(false) #3 /var/www/cms/lib/Helper/LayoutUploadHandler.php(57): Xibo\Factory\LayoutFactory->createFromZip(‘/var/www/cms/li…’, ‘Mercredi’, 1, 0, 0, 0, ‘o’, 0, Object(Xibo\Controller\Library)) #4 /var/www/cms/lib/Helper/BlueImpUploadHandler.php(644): Xibo\Helper\LayoutUploadHandler->handle_form_data(Object(stdClass), 0) #5 /var/www/cms/lib/Helper/BlueImpUploadHandler.php(840): Xibo\Helper\BlueImpUploadHandler->handle_file_upload(‘/tmp/phpGMAgPH’, ‘export_mercredi…’, 1424, ‘application/x-z…’, 0, 0, NULL) #6 /var/www/cms/lib/Helper/BlueImpUploadHandler.php(140): Xibo\Helper\BlueImpUploadHandler->post() #7 /var/www/cms/lib/Helper/BlueImpUploadHandler.php(123): Xibo\Helper\BlueImpUploadHandler->initialize() #8 /var/www/cms/lib/Controller/Layout.php(1385): Xibo\Helper\BlueImpUploadHandler->__construct(Array) #9 [internal function]: Xibo\Controller\Layout->import() #10 /var/www/cms/vendor/akrabat/rka-slim-controller/RKA/Slim.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #11 [internal function]: RKA\Slim->RKA{closure}() #12 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(468): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #13 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1355): Slim\Route->dispatch() #14 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(85): Slim\Slim->call() #15 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(92): Slim\Middleware\Flash->call() #16 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Actions.php(165): Slim\Middleware\MethodOverride->call() #17 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Theme.php(36): Xibo\Middleware\Actions->call() #18 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/WebAuthentication.php(131): Xibo\Middleware\Theme->call() #19 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/CsrfGuard.php(63): Xibo\Middleware\WebAuthentication->call() #20 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/State.php(122): Xibo\Middleware\CsrfGuard->call() #21 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Storage.php(47): Xibo\Middleware\State->call() #22 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Xmr.php(37): Xibo\Middleware\Storage->call() #23 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1300): Xibo\Middleware\Xmr->call() #24 /var/www/cms/web/index.php(124): Slim\Slim->run() #25 {main}

Thank you for your message. In your original post you said:

The layouts download as images, I then put several in a folder, compress them and try to upload the zip file.

This will not work as you cannot compress multiple Layouts into 1 Zip file and attempt to upload it.

When you create a Layout in Xibo, you can Export that Layout to be uploaded to another CMS or simply to save as a backup. Your CMS will create and compress the necessary files for your Layout. Inside that ZIP file created by the CMS will be an XML of the Layout, some JSON files which help define the Layout, a JSON of any included datasets and a folder containing all of the Library media needed for the Layout. When that ZIP is Imported into a CMS, all of these files will be used to create the Layout.

Where did you get the Layouts that you want to import into your CMS? Were they exported form a different CMS or the same one that you are trying to import them into? You also said in your original message:

The layouts download as images

I’m not sure I understand what this means. What kind of images are your Layouts downloaded as? Where did you download them from?

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW,

Thanks for your reply! I was thinking I could import the “layouts” from the link below. I realized those are just background images and not actual layouts I could import.

https://app.xibo.org.uk/layouts

Thanks again!

That’s a very easy mistake to make which I will feed back to the relevant department. My apologies for the confusion.

Many Thanks.