Layout Freezes with Embedded content

Hello all,
We are trying to use an Acuweather widget in a layout, but when the layout loads xibo freezes for about 5-10 Seconds. When the widget loads then the layout begins to play like normal.
I can preview the layout on the client machine in IE and it does not lag at all (loads straight away) so it isn’t IE

Any suggestions,
Is a windows 8.1 Player

Sounds like a high CPU utilization issue while loading maybe some java. What are the specs of video processor, CPU, and memory?

Intel Core i3 with 4 GB of Ram, current usage is less then 10% cpu and still 2GB of ram free

I would need to examine the layout to see what else is going on. You may ask @Peter about this.

Just to clarify, is it 1.7.6 Windows client?

So first thing I’d ask is, did you make this change in registry (browser emulation) Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

Now, if no, could you please try and see if it will improve the layout playback?
If yes, I think I’d need to see this layout, so if you could export it and upload it to dropbox/similar and share the download link with me (here or via pm).

have just applied the registry change, unable to test it fully today however so will update when i know if it works.

Hi

may i ask you where to find “acuweather Widget” ?

I searched but cant find anything for XIBO or ist it a HTML Widget wich you embend within a HTML Pate on Xibo Layout ?

Best regards

Xibo has Forecast IO integrated - there is a module to use it.
If you prefer other weather widgets, you can generate the code and then use embedded html module in Xibo to show it.

I got the widgets from here
http://www.accuweather.com/en/free-weather-widgets
Then embed them with HTML
We ended up with going for the Forecast OI for our main layout due to size restrains so have not tested if it still freezes, however since doing the registry change i have noticed the web slideshow loads alot faster.
I plan to test the Acuuweather widget again this week or next as it (for us) has a better visualization.

I have used the accuweather widget - I used 5 of these for weather from 5 different cities each showing the weather for 10 seconds. I noticed the same thing in layout preview it works flawlessly but in a windows 10 64Bit client, it freezes every 30 seconds and recovers after 20 seconds. I have not tried the registry setting I will try it shortly and post my results here. If still freezes I will remove the accuweather widget which I am using as embedded web and report if the freezing is gone