Layout design Question

Xibo Version 1.8.11
Windows 10 players - 2 R201

I am hoping I can find some guidance on what I wish to do. In the image you can see the template I want to use. I would like the weather, calendar (Embedded), and Ticker to remain constant while the images on the left rotate through a series of images. The images needs to be scheduled. I am sent a collection of images that need to run at specific date periods and being able to schedule a start and end time is easier for me to manage. I have tried to use a template with the weather, calendar, and ticker widgets as part of it and just as a layout and place an image in the left widget, then schedule as needed. Problem is the layout duration as a whole. I understand the image won’t update until the layout plays the duration. I need the image to change every ten seconds while the other widgets appear to be constant.

either you extend the duration of what you want to remain constant or use LOOP for that particular content…my suggestion is to rotate images…some tv screens can burn and the constant image will be left faded or ghosted on the screen

here is a free template for you…that is what i made as my main screen…the top right blue is to thow time and date and company of location name as banner…the pink box below the red is for news ticker and banners too…the big red box can have all your images and video ads…enjoy

Thanks for your reply aponkye. I have the ticker, weather and calendar set to loop but I still get a reload when the layout changes. The ticker will reset in the middle of marquee left. The reason I was going with several layouts so the image(s) to the left can be scheduled to run at specific time lengths and time periods. As I understand the timelines can’t be scheduled to run at certain dates within a layout. I hope this makes sense.

the news thicker always reset instead of a continuation. not sure if there is a way around it…i googled for solution but never got any yet

Have you looked at our V2 series of CMS, with our most recent being v2.3.1? In this series we have added Playlists as well as Expiry dates so you can set start and end times for Widgets!
You could create a Playlist with your images and have those show every 10 seconds set with Expiry dates so that they won’t show until the start date/time has begun and will be removed from the list on expiry, so no need to create multiple Layouts with hefty scheduling!

Do have a look at the following guide which highlights some of the features and changes you can expect in v2.3 here:Improved Layout Designer in 2.3.0-alpha or sign up for a free cloud demo to take a closer look: https://xibo.org.uk/hosting

We have been looking to upgrading. maybe this feature set could cause us to expedite.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.