Layers are flickering in ubuntu player

Player Version

1.8-R5 (app.image)
CMS 2.3.7

Issue

When using more layers and place the layers position to top, the layers are flickering when the the first layer (full size in the back) is doing something that involves GPU power. Let’s say playing a MP4, layers left top are flickering. Also using a Embed HTML that shows the rainweather forecast (left bottom) and everything is also flickering.

The only thing that stays steady is RTSP streams…

Someone experiencing the same? When using Windows client, no problems!!! but windows can’t play RTSP.

We have run testing on the Player with Layers active, where a video sits in the background, and something else sits on top - weather, rss, etc. This seems to work OK in cases we’ve tried.

For example I have this weather widget placed over a video and don’t experience any flickering

Could the flickering just be those regions expiring and reloading? Do they have small durations?

Thanks for testing. What hardware are you using for the Xibo linux client. Also, do you install some extra packages or is it a plain (light) linux?

Yesterday I installed 1.8-R6 (candidate) and can say the flickering is almost gone. When playing a 1080P MP4, sometimes when the layers end the duration, the MP4 shows a artifact kinda screen, but for a split of second, like one frame is dissorted.

It is currently running on a Intel NUC 7i5 with 8GB of RAM and 250GB SSD drive.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.