Issues with Xibo Performance on Intel Core i7 Laptop - Seeking Troubleshooting Tips

Hello Xibo Community,

I’m encountering some performance issues with Xibo on my current Intel Core i7 laptop and I’m seeking some troubleshooting tips to resolve them. Despite having a powerful processor, I’m experiencing lag, slow rendering times, and occasional freezes when running Xibo signage software.

Here’s a brief overview of my laptop’s specifications:

Intel Core i7 processor

16GB RAM

Dedicated graphics card Nvidia

Despite having what I believe should be sufficient hardware for running Xibo smoothly, I’m facing these performance issues. I’ve already tried restarting the laptop, updating the Xibo software to the latest version, and ensuring that all drivers are up to date, but the problems persist.

I’m reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has encountered similar issues with Xibo on Intel Core i7 laptops and if there are any troubleshooting tips or solutions you can recommend. Whether it’s adjusting settings, optimizing configurations, or any other tips to improve performance, I’m open to trying anything to resolve these issues.

Additionally, if there are any specific diagnostic tests or logs I should be looking at to pinpoint the source of the problem, please let me know. I’m eager to get to the bottom of this and ensure that Xibo runs smoothly on my laptop.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Best regards,

Sarajmorries

What OS platform are you using? What client and CMS version?

Hi @Susan_Conner

Are the slowness with particular widgets, images or videos, resolution, …?