Issue with Twitter: Solved

Dear all,

had a problem with including twitter feeds of a single user (using from:@USER as search string). In this case, images as well as profile pictures were not shown, but strangely only for certain users. Had a look at the twitter id of this user, which is used to save cache files in the library. This id was very long. Twitter states that they moved to 64 bit twitter ids, leading sometimes to problems with some programming languages.
As a solution (which you might want to check), I replaced in the file lib/Widget/twitter.php the id with the alternative id_str, provided by twitter:

$file = $this->mediaFactory->queueDownload(‘twitter_’ . $tweet->user->id_str, $tweet->user->profile_image_url, $expires);

$file = $this->mediaFactory->queueDownload(‘twitter_photo_’ . $tweet->user->id_str . ‘_’ . $mediaObject->id_str, $photoUrl, $expires);

After that change, twitter also fetched images and profile pictures for twitter ids requiring 64 bit support

Best
Christian

Hi, I am having the exact symptoms that you mention with a new installation of Xibo 3.03.
Tweets are showing up in the preview and on the Display, but the images are not showing for the profile or tweets.
Running a Docker installation on a Windows10 box with Windows10 clients.
I am new to this CMS. I do not quite understand your solution.
Can you spell it out a bit for a noob? Where does the lib/Widget/twitter.php file live?
If I find it in one of the server directories, can I just edit it in VI and change the line you reverence?
Would I then need to restart the CMS-web server?
Thanks for the help, Walt

Sorry I missed this first time around. I’ve made an internal issue for us to look at this and will update soonest.

Inside the Docker container. It’s not somewhere that you can easily directly edit it.

We’ve made an issue to investigate the report and hopefully will have a fix in a later version. I’ll update below.

The issue has been logged as a bug and will be fixed in a future release.