Is there a way to test XMR

I’m wondering if there is a way to test that XMR is functional between the Xibo server and our Android player.

When I look at the list of displays, there is a checkmark in the XMR Registered column. But when we update a display it only updates based on the duration time of the layout.

Is there a way to test that XMR is working with our Android player?

First up I’d use the reconfigure XMR function in the Edit Display field. That will clear the XMR encryption key associated with the display. Allow the display to collect normally, and you’ll see XMR go back to a tick.

Now add the screenshot and thumbnail column to the displays page. Reguest a screenshot for your display, and refresh the page. You should see the screenshot column briefly change to a tick, and then back to a cross (within a couple of seconds). If it does, XMR is working.

If it remains as a tick, then XMR isn’t working. To troubleshoot that, first look at what the XMR setting is that the CMS is sending to the Player, and see if that’s as you expect. It should be something like tcp://server.domain.com:9505

Thanks Alex, that seems to work. I’m not sure why it didn’t seem to work before. We’re still monitoring it to make sure it continues to work and isolate the situations that it doesn’t.

I’ll see if I can get our tech to respond, but I think he had to enter the tcp:// address in a couple of places. Shouldn’t the docker install config file have set that? (we are using a docker install). I’ll see if I can get more details from him of where he entered it that seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks!

Docker sets up all the internal addresses for you automatically since it knows how the containers will speak to eachother.

It can’t set the external address for you as it doesn’t know what name or IP address the Players will connect to the CMS on, or on which port, if you’ve overridden that setting.