Installation error with Xibo 3.1.1 - 404 Not Found

Hi at the Xibo Community

I hope I can get some help with the following issue, it drives me a little bit crazy. Did search the internet and community, but could not find a solution for the problem.

CMS Version

Installation Method

Custom install

Operating System

Ubuntu 20.04.4
Apache 2.4.41
PHP 7.4.3
MySQL 15.1

Issue

I’m getting “404 Not Found”, when trying to install Xibo 3.1.1, tried the installation on 2 different servers, same issue. I can on the same servers install Xibo 2.3.16, no problems here - but I will like to use the latest Xibo version.

This is the exact output

404 Not Found

The application could not run because of the following error:

Details

Type: Slim\Exception\HttpNotFoundException

Code: 404

File: /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/RoutingMiddleware.php

Line: 91

Trace

#0 /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/RoutingMiddleware.php(58): Slim\Middleware\RoutingMiddleware->performRouting() #1 /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(147): Slim\Middleware\RoutingMiddleware->process() #2 /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/ErrorMiddleware.php(107): class@anonymous->handle() #3 /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(147): Slim\Middleware\ErrorMiddleware->process() #4 /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareDispatcher.php(81): class@anonymous->handle() #5 /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(215): Slim\MiddlewareDispatcher->handle() #6 /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(199): Slim\App->handle() #7 /var/www/clients/client4/web4/web/xibo/web/install/index.php(101): Slim\App->run() #8 {main}

[Go Back]

Thanks.

I did find a solution, from another user on this forum, with roughly the same challenge.
Just change the {REQUEST_URI} in the web/.htaccess file, like this:

xibo_REQUEST_URI

Case can be closed :+1:

1 Like

For your information, it also helps with the nearly endless installation URL loop /web/install/install/install/install/install/install/install/install/install/install/install/install/…/1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.