Instagram module

Is it posible to build an Instagram module?

3 Likes

It’s certainly a good idea for a module which we may look at for future development. It would be helpful if you could add any features you particularly would want it to have and/or exactly what your module would do.

Then when we come to review this in the future we have a better idea what you are suggesting.

Also it would be good if you could check with the Instagram terms and conditions if they allow third party integrations like this to display their content, and if so where their API documentation can be found

1 Like

I found the Instagram terms and condition:
https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/api/

The options for the Instagram module what I like to have:

• Part Type (@username, #hashtags, populair or location)
  • Photo with several bordersoptions.
  • Photos in layout or one photos in slide shot.
  • Option to decide how many last pictures will be presentated in the module.
  • Image hover effects
  • show captions
1 Like

Hi
the post is 3 Years old, have anybody an idea or have realised a Instagram Modul?

It would be nice, to have that kind of Modul in 2018/2019 ?

I agree with the options for that Instagram Modul with @Aloots.

So i’m not a programmer, but i can help to beta-testing the Modul.

It would be nice, if other Users write down here, her comments.

Greetings from Germany

Torsten

1 Like

Try this https://apps.elfsight.com :wink:

Hi

Thank you for your hint. I try it as an embeddet Widget in my Xibo and works very good.

oi sou novo aqui, poderia me dá uma ideia como vc fez para funcionar o instagram?

Hi Guys, i know that is a old Topic, but for sure it wold be a very useful Module.
Theres any chance to this module be implemented?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

In fact, it’s something that XIBO lacks are modules like this.

Please turn your attention to this option in the future.

We are hoping to have something in v4, however there will be caveats to this widget:

• It will need to be run via a connector which actually does the communication with Instagram.
  • It would only support access to the users own Instagram account so that they could display their own content.
  • It would not allow embedding of public content as this would break Instagram’s Terms and Conditions.
2 Likes

Hi Natasha, thanks for the news!
I think it will be a very valuable widget and one that is already widely used by digital signage users to promote their own instagram page.
Even with these caveats you pointed out, it would still be very useful

Good afternoon everybody!
It’s been a while since this topic was opened, but I would like to know if this feature request is still on your radar :slight_smile:
I think this is a super important integration of terms natively in the CMS, regardless of the integration method.
Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, it is still on our radar. :smiley: