Inheritance Permissions Displays Group for Displays

It would be interesting to have the same standard of usability that have campaigns and layouts for permission inheritance.

We could permissionar the Displays Group and select the option to assign the same permissions to members of the group displays.

Can you provide an example of why you want to do that?

The display group exists so that each display doesn’t need to have permissions on it? The parallel functionality is users/user groups - not layouts, etc

Dan, imagine the following scenario.

A CMS 50 displays arranged in a Display Group Called ALL DISPLAYS.
Now a new user was created and needs access to all CMS displays to view their status and work in the system.

We could enter the display group and set the permissions you want to replicate and send to members.
Basically the same procedure as that developed in campaigns to change permissions there is a checkbox asking if you want to replicate the permissions for the children or change the owner of the campaign.

Dan, imagine the following scenario.

A CMS 50 displays arranged in a Display Group Called ALL DISPLAYS.
Now a new user was created and needs access to all CMS displays to view
their status and work in the system.

We could enter the display group and set the permissions you want to
replicate and send to members.
Basically the same procedure as that developed in campaigns to change
permissions there is a checkbox asking if you want to replicate the
permissions for the children or change the owner of the campaign.

1 Like

I see what you mean now - @alex, what do you think?

I need to have a think about any unintended implications from that, but in principle I’m not averse to it.

It’s an old topic, but I need the same functionality. I have a lot of displays on multiple displays groups, a checkbox “Cascade permissions to all items underneath this one.” will be handy.

I do not know its solved or not but this option is a need. We have 500+ screens and i want to add a new user to control all displays. In this case i need to set permision to each display one by one. This must be grouped. Or another way maybe through database or API.

You may have already seen this as your post is from a while back now but just in case from v3 you can use Folders and assign the View, Edit, Delete Share options for the new user to a single folder, rather than to each Display and then use the ‘With Selected’ option at the bottom of the Displays grid to move Displays in bulk to that Folder.