Image reprocessed when uploaded to Xibo

We are fairly new users of Xibo, and we are using it in a fairly rudimentary fashion. We have noted that when we upload images to Xibo:

1. When they are larger than our maximum resolution (1920 x 1080) they are automatically downsized
  2. The file size reduces by about 4 fold and some of the image quality is lost
    My question is can we adjust the image processing to avoid quality loss where it can be avoided? I have looked in the interface and cannot find any controls. My technical support team are ok, but the main architect of the system has left the University so I don’t think they will know.

What CMS version are you using?

There was some issue with image resizing on upload, but it should be fixed in 1.7.8.

To confirm it, I’ve just uploaded a 3840x2160 to our CMS and it stays with that dimensions in the CMS.

For a general guidelines regarding images, please have a look here Displaying Images

Thanks for this.

We are using 1.7.3 so I will have a chat with our technical team to ask them to look into an update.

We have seen that using 1.7.3 if we upload media via Internet Explorer or Edge browsers the file size is not affected. If we use Firefox or Chrome it reduces the file size significantly. In the interim we will use the MS browsers to avoid issues.

Yeah, that does make sense, here is the bug report I mentioned https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo/issues/778

With 1.7.8 it should be all fine, so upgrade would be recommened in the meantime as you said IE/Edge should work fine.