HTML rendering on Windows Client

I’m trying to display a webpage on my screens. The webpage displays OK, but there are some rendering issues. Specifically, the page contains a

with rounded corners using the border-radius property. It displays fine in browsers, but the embedded page on Xibo has square corners.

Is there a way to get it to render the round corners.

Or alternatively, is there a way for a Xibo region to have round corners?

Thanks

Hi p8mty,
To me, your issue seems to be linked to the following known bug scheduled to be fixed in the next update, (1.8.3):
Theme: client.css is not applied to Players #1228 at https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo/issues/1228

Thanks for your reply.

The border-radius property is set in-line, not through a linked CSS file - the code is:

<div style="border-radius: 25px;background:#ffff80; width:400px" align="center" >
... content ...
</div>

would this be affected by that bug?

It should not be but I’m not 100% sure.
Sorry, I’m not an expert here, just thought that your issue seemed to be linked to something I stumbled upon yesterday.
Hopefully, one of Xibo experts can help you soon!

No problem. Thanks for thinking about it!

P.

Please can you check that the WebBrowser feature options have been correctly set in the registry. There is a current bug with the installer that can cause them to be written to the wrong location:

The keys in that FAQ entry are both set to 00011000 (0x2af8) already - presumably that is correct? And the raw web page displays correctly on IE11.

Does the DOCTYPE of the web page make any difference? It’s currently set to

DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN”

P.

You’re sure you’re checking it on IE11 and not on Edge? They are different engines.

I can’t think of any reason there would be a major difference between IE11 and the Player as the Player uses IE11s engine for rendering.

Did you definitely check the correct place in the registry if your computer is 64 bit?

Yes, of course, you are right, I was level up in the registry from where the key should be - presumably this is the bug in the installer?

I have nice round corners on my panels now.

Thanks

P.

Yes indeed.

It’s logged here: