To be completed by the original poster:

CMS Version

Xibo 4.0.7 Docker

Player Type

Android

Player Version

Xibo_for_Android_v4_R403.apk

Issue

Some devices (android 8.1) load HTML pages (html page object), and when the network is unavailable, the pages are obviously no longer accessible: is it possible to set up a cache on Xibo that is resident on the devices? This is to avoid having 404 pages.

Hi @Arturo_Blacona,

I’m afraid it is not possible to cache the webpage so that it is shown when the network is unavailable, however you could use the ‘Trigger on page load error’ feature to specify a webhook (navigate to Widget, navigate to Layout, a Scheduled Command etc.) to be run in the event the webpage returns an error and fails to load. Webpage | Xibo Digital Signage

This could be used to trigger a different layout that contains an HTML package, or an image, or text etc.

Hi @Frazer ,
would it also work for devices that are in the Sync Group?
I’ll clarify my problem more specifically now that I’m working on it more seriously: I have three panels in a sync group. If the Wi-Fi is down, the master has a cache for both videos/images and working HTML pages, appearing to be in cache mode. However, the other slave panels stop working; neither the playlists nor the web pages function.

Please can you open a ticket on our Helpdesk so that a member of the support team can investigate?
Helpdesk Tickets