How to use the WidgetOptions Api Call

Hi,

I am trying to use the widgetOptions api call to specifically target the ‘align’ feature for an image. How do I use it? I can’t seem to alter the value. I have been able to change the duration parameter and the useDuration but that is about all I could change. I am using python to send a put request by the way. I am sure it is because of how i am trying to call it. Any help will be appreciated thanks :slight_smile:

EDIT: This is currently how I am trying to access it. Still cannot target the align feature of this call.

data = {‘widgetId’:2107,‘duration’:43,‘useDuration’:1,‘widgetOptions[0][widgetId]’:2107,‘widgetOptions[0][type]’:‘attrib’,‘widgetOptions[0][option]’:‘align’,‘widgetOptions[0][value]’:‘right’};

response = requests.put(url ,headers,data = data);

Apologies for the delay, we had a long weekend here in UK.

To change the vertical or horizontal alignment of an image, you would need to call
/api/playlist/widget/{widgetId}

with alignId (left, center, right) and valignId (top, middle, bottom) parameters.

For example, say my image widget has widgetId 1082 and I want to adjust alignment to be Top and Right, then I’d do something like this:

the x-www-form-urlencoded header is also very important in all edit (PUT) calls.

I hope that helps.

If you’re using 2.0 or 2.1 CMS, then make sure your layout is in draft state and that you’re passing the widgetId that exists on the draft.

1 Like