How to use Random Widget each circle with multiple Playlists

His is the question - How to use Random Widget for each circle with multiple Playlists?
Does anybody know? I try like in the picture and it’s not function.

Hi @hypnomedia,

Which version of the player app are you using please?

Kind Regards,

Frazer

Hi, @Frazer, I’m using Android 3 Revision 306 with Doker: CMS Version 3.1.3.
I see on a DSC it’s not take in order all playlists from Sub-Playlist, it’s random for playlists and pictures and videos from playlists.

Thanks for the information.
Do you have subplaylists in each of these playlists?:

Yes, I have every layout with 20-30 playlists.

Structure:

• Layout
    • One Sub Playlist
      • Playlist 1
      • Playlist 2
      • Playlist 3
      • Playlist 29

Are lots of videos and picture in every playlist. I want to play every playlist at the time in this order, and pictures and videos to be randomly played.

Now I have seen(in this configuration from print screens) that it plays the playlist randomly and what they contain( playlist: 1, 3, 2, 6…,20, 5, 30…).

I think we need specification for this feature.

Does this work for you if you set ‘Playlist Ordering’ to Play All, and Remaining Widgets to ‘Add’?

Thank you, Frazer. I have tried and it’s worse.
Now only playlists with lots of content are playing. The playlist with 5-10 videos or photos is not played.

It’s a bug, @Frazer. This function doesn’t take in count playlists. Just mix a part of the videos in a soup.
I have a few hours of videos and pictures and this function transform the layout of a few hours only into one hour and also repeats videos.

@Frazer, @natasha , @dan, please tell me how to use this function, because it’s not working. It’s useless!

The configuration you have there I think will play 1 random thing from any of those playlists and then move on.

If you want to play one random from each then you’d need to have those as separate subplaylist widgets on the same region timeline, and set it to show 1 random item in each. You cannot do this with a subplaylist that contains other subplaylists - it must be in the region timeline directly.

So for example, your first subplaylist widget will be for Playlist 1 only and you’d leave all the options at default except the cycle based playback, random ticked and play count of 1.

Then next in your region timeline you’d add another subplaylist widget, which will only have Playlist 2 in it etc.

That way you will get a random widget from Playlist 1 followed by a random widget from Playlist 2, and then the layout will finish (and move to the next layout or restart this layout if it’s the only thing scheduled).

It can’t all be done in one subplaylist because what you’re doing there is merging all the Playlists you have assigned in to one big playlist (using the ordering that you’ve specified) and then picking one random item from it.

Note too that it’s a random item the Playlist. It will play duplicates - it’s a random one each time, not a list ordered randomly.

Thank you very much for your quick response @alex .

Maybe it’s a solution, but I can’t even try because I have 30 playlists in one sub-playlist. I can’t make 40 different layouts with this config. I will be going to retire before I finish. After that… If I have one or more modifications to add for every 40 layouts, or if the business goes well and I will have 100-200 displays with 100-200 layouts… I think we will catch a beer in the afterlife!

Permit me to ask - Why do you use sub-playlist with playlist and haven’t taken into the count to apply this 5-year request to playlist and not for sub-playlist?

If the subplaylist part of the layouts are all the same then you can make one layout and copy it, and then put whatever other items you need around those. If the subplaylist parts are all different and you could do as you describe, then you’d have to make 40 subplaylist widgets and put that in to 40 different layouts so I’m not sure what the difference would be - I think it would actually be worse!

If you’re doing alot of repetitive work like that regularly then writing something to talk to the API to do that would be sensible and would save you alot of time in the long term.

I’m honestly not sure what you’re referring to here. We had a request for cycle-based playback and yes it did take a long time for us to integrate that, but we have done. We have not ignored it.

You haven’t made the random/circle at playlist level. This is wrong. And your solution it’s like … Don’t go to left 10 m to Liqueur Store, take right 5500 km because the Earth it’s round.

Each Playlist will play 1 random item from it each loop of the region timeline, which is what you asked for. If you require something else then I’ve not understood your requirement.

I’ve no idea what bearing geography has on your question. I’ve done my best to assist you and have explained how to achieve what it is you want. I can do no more I’m afraid. I’d invite you to consider your tone when asking for free help in a public forum, as there’s little incentive for anyone to help you when you are like this.

Thank you. Probably it’s a cultural language problem. I haven’t used a bad tone and maybe I haven’t understood your solution. I will ask a friend to translate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.